General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror mirror on my bike why the F%#* won't you stay put

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror mirror on my bike why the F%#* won't you stay put

Bike is an 03 CBR600RR; and the mirrors consistently work themselves toward the front of the bike (facing outward) not much but just enough so that I can no longer see behind me. I faguely tried to tighten the rotation bolts but they were very snug...I haven't tried to take them apart yet.

Any similar experiences? Am I missing something? Can this be rectified simply?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Mirror mirror on my bike why the F%#* won't you stay put

Are you running aftermarket mirrors?? Like the emgo ones? Cuz those thigns are junk and they'll loosen up all day long. Do your through bolts have a hex key head (allen key) or a philips screw head?? If you use the OEM mirrors and don't loosen the through bolt, they should stay tight. BUT the through bolts have blue lock-tite on them. If you loosen the through bolts and don't put some lock-tite back on them, they WILL loosen over time each time you fold the mirrors and the bolts will start to turn out. Otherwise they shouldn't loosen.

I park my bike in my living room every night and have to fold the mirrors in every time to get it in the front door, then unfold when I get it outside. Never had a problem with them coming loose

Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 AM

Stock mirrors with a hex on the through bolt....I've never lossened them dosen't mean the previous owner didn't. *shrugs*

Old 10-09-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: invader_zoom

Stock mirrors with a hex on the through bolt....I've never lossened them dosen't mean the previous owner didn't. *shrugs*
yeah i pretty much hate my mirrors....got those aftermarket carbon fiber ones....THEYRE NOT EVEN REALY CF~!! theyre like wrapped in vynil with the pattern....and yeah most aftermarket mirrors are ****e.
get some aluminum custom chopper ones....they have worked well for me in the past...

Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you pull the mirror towards you the bolt actually gets tighter. this is what i would do. push it all the way forward, then tighten down the bolt, then pull the mirror towards you and it'll tighten it even more.