General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror Block-Offs & CGR Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Block-Offs & CGR Mirror

I'm really tired of having to adjust my mirrors on my f4i and not really being able to see out of the stock mirros in the first place so I'm considering getting block-offs and one CRG blindsight 2" and mount it on my bar end. Anyone have any thoughts about doing this? I know I really wouldn't be able to see out of a 2" mirror but it would make me legal and I think it would clean the bike up alot. If you have a similar setup or have any input let me know. Thanks

-Jesse-

Old 06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Default RE: Mirror Block-Offs & CGR Mirror

i am actually looking at these too...also the OPP carbon fiber replacements. I think the 1krr has the same mirror problem, sick of looking at my elbows....if any one has done this conversion or has another solution that works and looks good; please let me know

Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 PM

i am actually looking at these too...also the OPP carbon fiber replacements. I think the 1krr has the same mirror problem, sick of looking at my elbows....if any one has done this conversion or has another solution that works and looks good; please let me know

Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: AZ1000rr

the mirrors from OPP look good, but I don't want to pay $200 to see less than I do now. I'm thinking of getting polished mirror plates off of ebay that say CBR on them and getting the CRG mirror so its still legal. I don't know how well I'll be able to see but the block offs will clean the bike up alot IMO. If anyone has done this let me know and post some pics please.

-Jesse-

Old 06-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Check out some pig spotters too. I doubt you can see too well through them but they have a very unique look.

I'd really like something that mounts below your bars and looks back under your arms.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

Check out some pig spotters too. I doubt you can see too well through them but they have a very unique look.

I'd really like something that mounts below your bars and looks back under your arms.
Heres the link to the mirror I'm talking about, I think it would be better than the pig spotters since you could see something out of them, but I really don't know. I might order one next week and see how it works.

-Jesse-

Old 06-13-2006, 11:38 PM

I went with the CRG. Can't see S**t. lol. Just for looks, keeps it leagle.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:34 AM

went to my dealer who has one of the crg's in stock, we took it out to the bike, and I will have to pass...its hard to even see the mirror at all let alone anything behind you...and if you are tucked it becomes what mirror?.....so i don't know what to do myself, i really think a mirror's are an asset if you aren't looking mostly at your elbows

Old 06-15-2006, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: AZ1000rr

went to my dealer who has one of the crg's in stock, we took it out to the bike, and I will have to pass...its hard to even see the mirror at all let alone anything behind you...and if you are tucked it becomes what mirror?.....so i don't know what to do myself, i really think a mirror's are an asset if you aren't looking mostly at your elbows
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know if you could actually see out of them before I spend the money. I think I'll probably just rock my bike without mirrors until the cops decide to hassle me about the LOL I'm just so tired of having to constantly adjust them to see my elbows while I'm riding, its almost easier to turn my head and look behind me.

-Jesse-

Old 06-15-2006, 03:05 PM

I read somewhere about a commercially available block that would set the mirrors out by a half inch, think they were $30. Thought I'd try making my own first.....

So I went to Tap Plastics and got a piece of black 3/8" ABS plastic from their scrap bin (they didn't have 1/2"), took off the mirrors and made a pattern of the mirror base from stick on vinyl (left over from a stained glass project), cut the plastic out with a hack saw and then finished shaping it to the pattern with a bench grinder. Drilled the holes, bought allen bolts 3/8" longer than stock, remounted the mirrors with the spacer block in place. Worked great! Still not perfect, but l can see more than just my elbows now.

(Tried to embed a photo, but it says it's "not supported"....) - not all that complicated in any case.
-Susan
'04CBR600F4i

Quick Reply: Mirror Block-Offs & CGR Mirror