General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAKESHIFT Mounting hardware for slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAKESHIFT Mounting hardware for slip-on

Since I lost my springs for My Two Bros Can... the can itself slipping around in the bracket a little bit, and also where it attaches to the mid-pipe. Is there any makeshift hardware I can pick up that will solidify the links BETWEEN: The midpipe and can - AND - mounting bracket around can?

I was thinking about heatwrapping the can and midpipe to make some sort of seal but I don't know if it will be sticky enough to keep them solid together...

The can and pipe won't come out going forwards and backwards, but the Can is able to twist around inside the bracket, which is stealable.

Right now I'm just using a rusted *** clothes hanger twisted up in place of the springs... god DAMN I am ghetto and it's imbarassing to have my CBR sitting in the parking lot with freaking clothes hanger as springs. Sorry for making all of us look bad, I hope no1 takes a picture of it.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Default RE: MAKESHIFT Mounting hardware for slip-on

try a sears hardware you can probably find a replacement spring.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Default RE: MAKESHIFT Mounting hardware for slip-on

Does there need to be a little exhaust leak coming from the midpipe thru the can for pressure and cam/carb issues or should there be a solid seal? If I use the springs there is still going to be a little bit of a leak so I mean should I try to find some heatshield to wrap around the connection?