F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Faring Mounting hardware list?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Faring Mounting hardware list?

Does anyone have a list of the hardware needed for the side faring mounting?

My bike came with the front faring on, but the air duct covers and side fairings off. It also did not come with any of the mounting hardware for the plastics that were off. The plastics don't have any mounting clips or anything where I think the screws should go, just holes.

So, I went and bought what I thought was a full bolt kit off of ebay, got it, and promptly threw it in a box assuming everything was included.

Now, I open the bag, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some things.

Right now I've got(from top to bottom in picture)

A) 7x black screws, phillips head, about 1.75cm of thread, with a metal washer on the top.

B) 10x silver bolts, round head w/ allen wrench head(not sure what size), about 1.5cm of thread.

C) 4x silver bolts, round head, w/ allen wrench head(not sure what size), about .75cm of thread, not including a wider part w/ no thread right at the base of the head

D) 4x silver round head, w/ allen wrench head(not sure what size), about 1.25cm of thread, not including a wider part w/ no thread right at the base of the head

E) 5 little black square metal brackets, measuring about 1.25cmx1.25cm.

Could someone list the other mounting hardware I'll need to pick up? If it's just a few things I'll probably go to the dealership, if I'm missing a lot I'll probably just go online and get a complete set of black or red bolts + the mounting hardware.

Thanks all.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look on ronayers.com, their microfiche will show u everything you need. Its the same microfiche the dealer uses except maybe part #'s

Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks about right.

My side fairings are aftermarket, but I just tore them off recently. There's three screws + well nuts (or maybe those square backs will work) for the side-nose connection, one small bolt that screws in down near the oil pan, one that screws in by the seat near where frame sliders would go, and one that screws in near the kickstand / exhaust.

Not much to it, though OEM might be a little different.

Anything of the right size should work, though. My airbox covers are held in by Phillips screws, and I just replaced the side-to-nose bolts with thumbscrews.

Last edited by vegas_rebel; 03-15-2011 at 09:49 AM.