General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't get my 600r to start

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't get my 600r to start

This sucks, I've been working on my bike and now I can't get it to run anymore. Here's the senerio. I had put on a new exhaust and a power commander. I just got it finished and started the bike to hear how it sounded. Everything was okay, turned it on and started right up. Then I wanted to download a new map for the exuahst untill I have it Dynoed. I could have used either a 9v battery to power thePC or just turn on the bike and leave it in run w/o starting the engine. I chose the second and used the bike to power the PC. After trying for about a half hour, I couldn't get the USB cable into the PC so I gave up for the night. Turned off the bike and went to bed. The next day after work, I wanted to let a friend hear the exhaust and it wouldn't start. Here's what happens. When I turn on the key everything turns on like it is supposed to. When I flip the switch to run, Nothing changes. I am supposed to hear the fuel pump run for a second or two and I get nothing. I have a repair manual and a wiring diagram so I have a lot of help on fixing this but I haven't yet. I have checked everything that I can. I have not only checked fuses but I use the wiring diagram and check voltage at every place the fuses go to. The switch works and the relay that it goes to. The fuel pump runs when I ground the other side of the fuel pump relay. I have even put another computer in from a friends bike and nothing but mine works in his bike. Oh one thing that I left, out, I have taken the PC out and put it back to stock in case that was the problem. I have only 2 guesses. 1.) even though the computer works, maybe the connector is not working but I can't check that unless I get the Y test adapter, which I imagine is not cheap, or 2.) something in the system , like a sensor or something, is not working and the computer won't let it run. The starter works but it won't start. I think the whole fuel system is off. I have run the fuel pump to put pressure in the system but still doesn't run. I'm assuming the injectors are turned off too. I have no idea what else to do, Any ideas would be appreciated but please spare me the "is your battery charged" kind of ideas.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I can't get my 600r to start

Fixed. I found out what was wrong. I wasdouble checking if I had power to my fuel injectors, (this bike is opposite of a car, everything has +12v to it and the computer controls the negative)I cheaked the first two and was getting ready to put on the tank, and when I moved the tank a little,I noticed that one injector was unplugged. I didn't reallt think this was the problem, but I plugged it back in and everything worked. Just to make sure,I unplugged it and the fuel system didn't work. I checked that becauseI didn't want the bike to start working without finding the problem, I would have bigger problems if the bike stopped running in the middle of the track. I'm never thought that could be it, what are the odds of the connector coming unplugged and when I took out the PC, I did the same thing hooking it up the old way, I did check the connector and it locks into place so it should stay where it's at now. just put the PC back in and still good. Peace out!