General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hotbodies flushmounts.. visible from the front or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hotbodies flushmounts.. visible from the front or not?

My search for good looking non-OEM stalk mounted turn signals is driving me crazy... I found a few LEDs that look decent, and some that are similar to OEM (non LED), but nothing that I really love..

the hotbodies flush mounts are really good looking, reasonably priced and the smoked ones would match my bike nice... but.. I need them to be seen... thats why I was leaning towards stalk mounted ones..

I am not worried about visibility from the side or rear.. but from the front.. some posts on here say that they are very visible, while others say they are practically invisible.. I know bikes are invisible automatically.. but anything help is welcome..

Pics from the front would be awesome..

Thanks,
Adam

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldn't worry about it too much. i have flush mounts and i can see them a fair ways off. but then again my bike is all black so maybe that helps a lil?

Old 01-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven't we been down this road in another thread already? ;-D J/k. I understand your concern, as I've had the same concerns in the past. I had cat's eye signals up front (bulb type), then post/stalk type, then the Hotbodies flushmount (smoked lens). Initially, I wired the HB's as running lights, like stock, but went back to just as turn signals.

To ans your question, *yes* they can be seen. However, like any turn signal, it depends on conditions, glare, etc.

I've had cars come over on me w/ the factory stock signals, aftermkt post signals, & flushmounts. Like so many have said, I just assume they never see me.

I agree, the HB's look great & are bright LED lights. I'm satisfied w/ mine.

Sorry I don't have any pics right now.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL! Yes we did... I went back to that thread, and what you said actually had me thinking about them.