General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high beam indicator light.... ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high beam indicator light.... ?

Hi..

another quick post. I noticed that my high beam indicator light doesn't work. My high beam works fine.. and I've checked the fuses (unless I'm not checking the correct place.. underneath the left fairing..).. but I'm not sure what it is. I have HIDS installed.. working fine. I put the stock lights back in to see if it was the HIDS that caused the problem, but still no indicator light. It worked when I first had the bike, but it's no longer functioning. It doesn't bother me, but I figured I might as well ask to see what it might be.. or if anyone else had this same problem. 2007 CBR1000rr.. if that makes any type of difference.

Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate all the support.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: high beam indicator light.... ?

The highbeam indicator light is an LED built into the instrument cluster. Either that particular LED failed, or a circuit for that light failed. Since it's an 07, you can always get it replaced under warranty, but that would be a lot of hassle for a simple indicator light........but then again, it's a brand new bike, so I would probably get it repaired/replaced under warranty.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow for my pipes.. i'll ask them about it and see what they suggest, since, yes.. i am still under warranty. thanks

Old 10-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Warranties are a great thing. I have the 4-year extended protection plan on my bike, and they still cover everything on my bike like it was new. I took it in a month or so ago to have the gauge cluster looked at because the gauge face is starting to ripple. The stock windscreen is melting the face between the 12 and 13 on the RPM gauge. They told me they would gladly send off the gauge cluster to have the face replaced. I told them I would wait until December when I don't ride it to have it done, and they had no problems with that.

Honda has a great warranty program, but sadly, the smoothness of that program depends on what dealership you go to.