General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP ME!!!

i'm the last owner of the bike Cody now has. i still get updates from the site so i know whats going on. the bike ran fine since day one, the only problem i ever had was when i was in a rush, i gave it gas while it was still on "full choke" and it bogged and died. i tried, scared i had broke something, etc, to start it many times till i thought i was starting to put the battery at risk. the next day i did some quick trouble-shooting and decided it was likely wet plugs. took them out, they looked pretty bad (really wet) from tryin to start it with partial throttle etc...i was happy to see that tho, meaning it was probably the only porblem. i got some new plugs just to be safe, and reinstalled them the next day and it started immediately with no hestiation. it is a pain to get those plugs out, i used a magnet to help with that if you didnt already know, helps 100000 times better than your fingers. anyways the bike is great i had no problems with it and used it almost every day from march till aug. i would have kept it if i wasnt trying to upgrade my car situation. keep me updated Cody so i know all goes well tomorrow. thanks again

Aaron

Old 01-13-2007, 12:55 AM

Cool. Sounds like he might have a float or adjustment issue then. Nothing serious. Good looking walking him through it. Always better to have some assistance from the previous owner, being as they know the bike best.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 AM

actually all the carbs were rebuilt and tuned/sync'd less than 2000 miles ago.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:59 AM

Hmmm... beats me then. Just sounded like he was getting too much fuel.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 PM

well i'm gonna run down to auto zone and grab a magnet, and buy some gas ......then we can check the plugs....

Old 01-13-2007, 02:25 PM

ummmm1 more question if any one can answer it.........should i take the gas tank off? and if so how am i supposed to stop the lines from leaking?

Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM

you're right King, he flooded it. did u check to make sure there was actually gas in the tank to? and that u had the gas valve pointed down?...sry just tryin all trouble shooting stuff...

Old 01-13-2007, 03:09 PM

yeah i just put gas in it.......but to get to the plugs did u have to take the entire gas tank off?

Old 01-13-2007, 03:34 PM

nooo. just get a wrench, extension, and pull the plug wires off in the correct order...itsa tight fit but you can do it without taking off anything but the lil faring pieces. should take about 20 mins. and then use the magnet to gently pull out the sparkplugs one by one. etc reinstall...lmk how it goes

Aaron

Old 01-13-2007, 04:01 PM

just got the plugs out they were kinda wet and the fourth one was a little loose as it was .......and had dried grease on it so we'll let these dry then i'll update the status.....