General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME!!!

ok well i just bought an F2 yesterday....test rode it ran fine.....got it home started it ran fine.......garage door was locked... couldnt get it in and it rained on it last night.....now it wont start...and the battery is dying...... this is my first bike so i am completely lost as to whats wrong with it......can someone please help me

Old 01-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned
Default RE: HELP ME!!!

If it was kinda cold out, your battery prolly just needs a charge. Got a trickle charger?

Throw a charger on it and see what you come up with... if you have a hill nearby, try roll-starting it. But if that doesn't work you have a 400lb. bike at the bottom of a hill, lol!

P.S. Rain really doesn't harm these bikes. They're pretty much good to go

Old 01-12-2007, 02:29 PM

wow thank you so much....i was kinda worried that i messed it up....but i do have a hill near my house the problem is getting the machine up the hill but my buddy has a charger so ill toss that on there and see what happens thank you so much!!

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 PM

ok the charger is on there and let me tell u this was my first time ever taking a bike apart....even though it was just the plastics it was a big thing for me haha n e way i have the charger on and its reading 4.5 amperes.....how long should i leave it on there?

o and another thing was i tried to start it again before doing the charger and the battrey completely died and it made a clicking sound...i didnt know if that was important or not...

Old 01-12-2007, 04:21 PM

didnt know if this mattered but the battery is no longer the issue its fully charged and now the bike is just backfiring and flames are coming out of the tail pipe whenever i try to start it....

Old 01-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Advanced/retardedtiming?

Ahh, wait a minute, did you buy that bike off the guy in Ohio? If so, you need to ask him what could be the problem. You've got an older bike, and apparently he was the second owner - it could be anything, but it's prolly nothing more than a good carb cleaning/synchronization, air filter, plugs - just a general tune-up.

First things, first, get a hold of that guy that you bought it from. I can't remember if he was a member for a while or if he just registered to sell it. If he still had another Honda bike when he sold this one he might still be on here, if not - you're prolly gonna have to track him down.

I'll take a look at the manual. Just for info, what is your experience on a motorcycle? Is this your first, been around them for a while or what. I'm just curious if the engine could have had symptoms when you bought it but you just didn't know it from lack of experience...

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same thing happened to my bike man! i just bought an f3, and it ran fine when i brought it home, next day the same clicking thing was happening to me, a buddy of mine who has had a bike for a while came over and helped my push start it (no hills by me) and the battery hasnt been a problem since

Old 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM

You can just jump start it from a car as well. 12 volt systems are GREAT!
And the other poster is right, rain won't hurt your bike. All mine have seen plenty. Yes, you can corrode wiring, but that would/will take A LOT of exposure.

And your bike may just be running rough because of the gas that dumped through while you were trying to start it. Always make sure that once you start the bike, you let it run until operating temperature. Will help reduce fouling of your plugs.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:35 AM

all that sounds good, but it wouldnt start so it couldnt have been running rough....and i've been around buikes for about a year or so now, but it ran fine when i rode it yesterday, the guy i bought it off of seems like an honest guy i have his # and he said to just pull the plugs b/c it was flooded so i guess we'll have to see tomm. i'll keep you guys all posted on what happens tomm. i'll go into more detail if it doesn't start tomm.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:45 AM

Ahh, I see that. Mixing you up with another red bike.