General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Front brakes are squishy

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!! Front brakes are squishy

ORIGINAL: mhcbrf2

A word a preventative maintence change your brake fluid once a year.Most do not but it will doubel the life of your components and brakes will work smoother.
I always do my maintenence at least every 1500 miles or once per year.......I have already changed the fluid 3 times this year trying to see if maybe there was something stuck in the lines(air bubbles) or somthing but it never did a thing for me.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Ya, get a rebuild kit, brake fluid and a lot of rags.
Can I find a rebuild kit online? Is is only Master Cylinder parts or caliper parts too?

I'm getting new lines and since I'll be installing the new lines, I figure I'd do the MC and calipers while I'm at it. That way I'm guaranteed no problems with brakes.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can't buy a rebuild kit..you need to go to ronayers' microfiche and get all the rubber pieces from both the MC and calipers.
if they aren't leaking, don't rebuild them. just clean them up.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:58 PM

My M/C is suspect. The lever travels more than it should. About 1/2 for full brakes. I went today and felt a 06 F4i's brakes....mine should feel better. I can pump a little to make the harder then they go back again. There's no air in the system. I've bled and so has the dealership.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 PM

I finally got a resolution for my braking problem and thought I'd share with the group.

I bought a MityVac to change my lines, I got some new SS ones and had a problem getting the right one to work properly. After noticing that the left holds a vacuum steadily I started to look closer at the right caliper. I found that there was an air lean around the threads of the bleeder valve (WHAT?) I wrapped teflon tape around the threads and put the valve back in and VOILA! Instant braking action and steady vacuum pressure.