General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got laid down and wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got laid down and wont start

wow this is the exact same thing that happened to me and i drive a 2005 cbr 600rr too. good thing i looked for similiar post before i posted my own. but any ways i took a friend to ride my bike in a parking lot and he cruised it at 5mph and dumped it on it side and same thing happened. bike wouldnt start and clickity sound when you try to start it. i pushed it home and jumped it with a car. I didnt start the car if it helps wit not messin up my bikes battery and it started fine. So i drove it around the block a few times to help charge it.

So my issue is and i dont mean to thread jack....i was at a parking lot at work and tried to start my bike and for no reasons it wouldnt. i luckily got the bike jumped by a car again and now im wonderin if i somehow messed up the battery or at least shortened the life of it? I pray to god i didnt mess up anything serious on the bike electrical system itself. Do i need a new battery?stator? If anyone can give me some help i would appreciate it. thanks

It better start tomorrw[&:]or imma be pissed[:@]

Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 AM

Cant you kick start your bike rather than jump starting it? I guess you will need some current for the injectors to ready up, but I presume you have that.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure the car isn't running and you can jump start all day long.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:26 AM

I doubt the battery died the instant you dropped the bike. more than likely what happened is this....

you dropped the bike, the tip sensor killed the engine.

without resetting the tip sensor or ecu you continued to "crank" on the starter, this combined with the idling in the parking lot drained the battery beyond its starting point

people do it all the time. I cant tell you how many threads I have read where someone drops the bike, and then decides the battery has suddenly gone bad becuase it wont start

Old 08-15-2008, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: DukeCBR

Cant you kick start your bike rather than jump starting it?
You can push start it, it actually works pretty well. Bike died on me at a gas station, had a buddy give me a push, started right up. Works the same as push starting a car.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

I doubt the battery died the instant you dropped the bike. more than likely what happened is this....

without resetting the tip sensor or ecu you continued to "crank" on the starter, this combined with the idling in the parking lot drained the battery beyond its starting point

So me being a newb how would you restart the tip sensor or ecu? Any feel back would be appreciated. Thanks oh yah the bike did start up this morning.....but it died today at work again so now I got get it either jumped or try push starting it.....dam it[:@]

Old 08-16-2008, 12:44 AM

ok so my bike was dead at my work today...but i decided to push start it. It was fairly easy then i forgot to put up the kick stand before i put it in 1st and it died again. Finally pushed start it again and got it goin. Im not sure but I think it may be that my battery is not charged enough. When I jumped it the previous times I never really ride it around to charge it. I just maybe rode my bike a few minutes and turned it off. Maybe thinking i need to ride it longer to get it a good charge. So far it has worked...............imma see doh. thanx for yur guys help so far.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:41 AM

Get a Battery Tender and try charging it over night. Its a real simple charging system.

If that still dosent fix the probem go buy a new battery,Jump starting and frequent charging will cause the battery to no longer hold its charge, it happens.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: krash

people do it all the time. I cant tell you how many threads I have read where someone drops the bike, and then decides the battery has suddenly gone bad becuase it wont start
+1. Sounds like the most plausible explanation to why the battery would go flat.

And to get it going again after a fall, just key the bike completely off, then turn it back on when the bike is back up right. Then it'll fire right back up. Alarmingly, that's one of the things that went through my mind during my first crash as I was still sliding along the highway.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:56 PM

ok my bike started today and i rode it a few miles to the store. I parked it and turned off the bike. A few minutes later I went to start it up and guess what.......it wouldnt start again. I am gettin frustrated and it sucks to go to your bike and guess if it will start or not. So once again i push start it and it runs fine. I go to the gas station to put gas in and it starts fine. So right now its starting but I cant help but think its gonna die on me again tomorrow when i try to start it. I think imma get me a battery charger and try to fully charge it. Hopefully this works for me. i keep ya posted

Quick Reply: got laid down and wont start