General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Pump?

Hey im back with yet another issue . . . .the bike runs smooth and great now . .i cant believe how good its running . . .except in higher RPMs like 6,000 and up . .the bike seems to just fall on its face acts as if its running out of gas and when i turned around since i dont have tags or an M Class liscense then the bike seemed fine and then again higher rpms when i go to crack into it its fine til 6k, now heres the thing the fuel pump had sprung a leak where the 2 seems meet together and they are crimped . .i took it apart and took the washer out between the 2 diaphragms and LMAO i put rtv silicone on it and put it back and yayyyyy no more leaks and the pump is doing its job but i dont think its delivering at the higher rpm range my question is does the fuel pump really do all that much on these bikes? should i just get a new one? or would it be ok to just run gravity feed? and if thats ok . .will it work even with a low fuel level in the tank? let me know i greatly aperciate it o yea and its a 98 F3

Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 PM

yup it'll work but honda designed that bike to run with a fuel pump that is why its on there so i would just get a new pump and do it right, also if you added other mods to it i.e full exhaust air filter etc, you may need a jet kit and if you got one may just need to retune the jets.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 PM

yea the bike has been jetted not to extensively though . . .i might just redo the points in the pump or contacts w/e because the pump does still work i did some research they run like 3 psi so im sure its doings its job but the points seem a bit gapped and burnt so might just get some new ones