General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender eliminator

Hello,

I have been seriously considering buying a Competition Werks Fender Eliminator kit.
I was also considering making my own home made version of the same basic thing. I have purchased an LED strip for lighting up the license plate. I plan to get a clear alternatives brake light with integrated signals. The only thing I have to build is the actual license plate holder.

Has anyone out there created their own fender eliminator for the 2003 600 RR?

Thanks,
Royce

Old 04-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Default RE: Fender eliminator

there are quite a few members with home-made kits. some don't look too bad but i can't recall of one that sits as far underneath the tail as the Comp Werkes kit. that's why i like it so much. looking at the CW kit, it doesn't look too difficult to replicate but that's coming from a person who doesn't know what he's talking about half the time (me!)

Old 04-07-2006, 06:25 PM

yea i wouldnt think it would be too hard, i just went ahead and bought the CW kit, but i dont really know how to shape sheet metal, so i guess what ever ur skills are

Old 04-07-2006, 07:55 PM

i made my own fender eliminator kit that looks like the ss kit. i will post pics when I can. what I did was I took the bracket off the front wheel fairing that holds you reflector on. then I took the bracket and grinded down the back of the bracket to make it flush. so you can you shorten bolts. then I took the battery out and there is a little hole in the bottom of your tray. that is where I mount it. then you take a bolt from you license plate HW. making sure the reflector mounting spot is down insert the bolt threw the bracket to your license plate. tight bolt. then from the back drill a small hole threw the other bracket hole into your plate. then take a small flush screw and insert it from the front of the plate and tighten. next loosen other plate bolt and install license plate frame. which will cover the small flush screw. then install on to bike and adjust for you preference. also there is a bolt hole under your fuse holder next to the battery. The Job took me about 30 min and 60 cents for bolts, nuts and washers from ace. Then if you want lights you can add a led bolts or frame from here http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...0Plate%20Frame

it is easy, I did not have to spend money or drill into my bike to do it i will try to post pics tonight or email if you would like pics of the whole projec

Old 04-08-2006, 04:49 PM

I'd love to see the pics. Thanks

Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM

cant post pics i will email them to you if you like

Old 04-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Could u email me pics too please?

Old 05-27-2006, 09:55 PM

could i have pix emailed???

smarterben@gmail.com

thanx

Old 05-27-2006, 11:11 PM

i will be getting my CW kit when it is available it should be in my hands and installed by June 15 at that time i will post some pics of how its looks and how it came out.......I really think that it isn't worth making a custom one compared to the CW but hey that is just my opinion....only if you want to mount it elsewhere other way under the tail.......

Old 06-01-2006, 04:12 PM

I've just got the Competition Werks Fender Eliminator kit for my Repsol and it comes with a set of the rear blinker as well. I've just put in on my bike and it looks great.

Quick Reply: Fender eliminator