General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F4i oil issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i oil issues

So I recently changed the oil on my CBR. It was fine for 2 days then I started having issues. I was out riding when the Oil light came on and the bike started giving a bad rattle that seemed to change pitch with my RPMs. I decided to change the oil and it was just a dark black/grey. which I found odd for being only 2 days old. I dipped this magnet I tore out of an old microwave into my drain pan and found it covered in slivers of metal. Silver and gold. I replaced the oil and still no fix. I'm scared to ride it now for fear of causing serious damage, but this is what the bike does.... I ran it once only after I changed the oil a second time. What it does is this: It fires right up. No low oil pressure light. a few revs and sounds mechanically sound...leads me to believe it is fine....I put it in first and slowly accelerate...the rpms raise then suddenly a terrible rattle sound follows it. I coast back in to my drive way in neutral after turning around and idles with the faint clanky sound and the the low oil pressure light comes on and the bike shuts off.

Dying oil pump? because there is clearly an adequate amount of oil.

Needs new bearings? The metal flakes?

Clutch rattle? because the rattling only starts when bike is put on load and/or in gear.

CCT? Just because.

Is the Engine toast?

What what what!?