CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

3 issues, 99 f4

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 issues, 99 f4

First, at higher rpms the motor like cuts out, in and out, im gonna clean the carbs and see what happens.

Second, the gauge cluster wont work, there are no blow fuses? Naybe a wiring issue or possibly ruined cluster?

Third, turnsignals wont blink, the running lights work but when I press signal button,they just stay off? Possibly just the signal relay?

I dont want to just start throwing money at is so I guess let me know if you have any ideas

Thanks
Adam

Old 04-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Avi

well, about the last one, from my own experience try to open the left switch housing and clean it up. I had the same problem, replaced the relay after some cleaning. after that didn't help either, I took it apart piece by piece and cleaned it all. after that it worked. make sure you follow what you are taking apart so you can put it together.

about the first problem, I know a guy who had a similar problem, and it ended up being one of the hoses that got loose from the airbox.

about the gauge cluster I can't really help, except for saying there is a fuse box for the bike's electronics. most likely under the seat, but I have never actually looked for it.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:59 PM

ok thanks man i will look into that.... anyone else have any ideas?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 PM

hellllooooo?

Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 AM

I had a similar problem w my gsxr with the motor cutting at high speeds. It was the fuel pump. Check lines and filter first. Small blockage makes to little fuel at high speeds. When my signals did that I just sprayed wd40 in the switch. Cleared it right up. Hope that helps

Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM

apparently if you take off the petcock at the bottom of your fuel tank there might be junk blocking the gas from coming out of the tank. It would only affect you at high/rpms speeds because the fuel requirements are higher. I'm no expert but something to look into.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 PM

charge your battery and see if that fixes it. i drove my bike home with a dead battery, and it had the same sort of issues

Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Infinity99
apparently if you take off the petcock at the bottom of your fuel tank there might be junk blocking the gas from coming out of the tank. It would only affect you at high/rpms speeds because the fuel requirements are higher. I'm no expert but something to look into.

theres a 6 or 7 inch screen standin in the tank so its possible it could need a cleaning. Possible but not likely.

Id say you got a low battery problem just bcuz f4 needs a good battery to run good.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olsen726
charge your battery and see if that fixes it. i drove my bike home with a dead battery, and it had the same sort of issues

low battery will definately make your f4 have a miss

Old 04-14-2011, 02:06 PM

well i threw a new battery in it and its stilld doing the same thing. its like once you get to highway speeds it sounds like its missing hardcore but if you grab the throttle it will jump out of it so its only while cruising at a certain speed on the highway? im thinking maybe like the high speed control or something in the carb? i finally got it home today so i will start looking at it this weekend

Quick Reply: 3 issues, 99 f4