General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F4i fuel pump not priming/injectors getting power when bike is OFF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024 | 04:58 PM
|

Originally Posted by dannoxyz
Well, usually they lose just one or two circuits from having external power-applied in desperate troubleshooting measures. Power Probe tool is one of most evil devices ever to exist. Commonly used by people who don't know proper troubleshooting techniques. Many professional mechanics have no clue!

There's also possibility of harness issues frying ECU. I've seen people have to replace ECUs 2-3x because they die after a while. Not sure exact cause. Could be short in harness maybe?
Ive decided to cough up the funds to get the honda ECU I ordered it and will get it next week sometime ill let you know if it dies the trick (i can always return it too in case it doesnt do the trick lol)

The following users liked this post:
dannoxyz (05-30-2024)
Old 06-12-2024 | 04:00 PM
|

Originally Posted by Micaelbizzap
Ive decided to cough up the funds to get the honda ECU I ordered it and will get it next week sometime ill let you know if it dies the trick (i can always return it too in case it doesnt do the trick lol)
I got the ECU plugged it in and nothing changed, FI light is still solid

Old 06-12-2024 | 07:36 PM

Odd... Time to disassemble harness completely and verify every single wire matches diagram.
Diagnostic port comes off ECU harness, verify all those wires are intact and connected properly.
Gotta get ECU to flash error codes on why it's complaining with FI light...

Old 06-12-2024 | 10:34 PM
|

Odd... Time to disassemble harness completely and verify every single wire matches diagram.
Diagnostic port comes off ECU harness, verify all those wires are intact and connected properly.
Well shoot. Alright ive been following the form with you a GB83 or whatever so imma start from when he bought his ECU and work my way down.

Old 06-18-2024 | 07:42 PM
|

my exhaust air inject solonoid valve plug doesnt plug into anything (might be bc i have a diff pipe) ??

Old 06-23-2024 | 06:29 PM
|

my exhaust air inject solonoid valve plug doesnt plug into anything (might be bc i have a diff pipe) ??
Took all the wiring harnesses out, stripped them, found little to no abnormalities or messed up connections, cleaned all the plugs and just got done putting it in the bike, go to start it and same issue, solid FI light, I also noticed my ECU is a Cali ECU (38770-MBW-A12) and the one i bought is a Non-Cali ECU (38770-MBW-L11) you think that makes a difference?

Old 07-03-2024 | 02:40 PM
|

Took all the wiring harnesses out, stripped them, found little to no abnormalities or messed up connections, cleaned all the plugs and just got done putting it in the bike, go to start it and same issue, solid FI light, I also noticed my ECU is a Cali ECU (38770-MBW-A12) and the one i bought is a Non-Cali ECU (38770-MBW-L11) you think that makes a difference?
Ive made no progress, i have been cleaning every. single. plug. I dont know what to do anymore I dont have spark bc my FI light is on, whole diffrent ECU in it (dont know why or how a cali ECU even worked but whatever ig)
Im lost in the sauce, im
glad i have a 04 cbr1000 but I need to get my F4i up and running before leaned back in Chicago im a dusty rusty man at this point.

It was the diode... im so slow lmao.

i used this diode: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/onsemi/1N5228BTR/1992219

I wasted so much time and dollas on all the wrong diodes and a whole new ECU lol.

Last edited by Micaelbizzap; 07-12-2024 at 01:04 PM.