General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f2/f3 TRUNK KIT

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f2/f3 TRUNK KIT

I was thinking about buying this and just wanted to know know if it's worth it and how much room you actually get out of it? http://www.flashalert.com/f2f3trunk.htm

Old 11-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Default RE: f2/f3 TRUNK KIT

Thats sweet because it makes it so u can get your seat off like it should be. For the storage reason.... I dunno it all depends on the person but it would be nice. I dont think it is a bad price at all.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:02 PM

How much room do you get though? It says you do a little cutting and you can fit alot of stuff in it, but doesn't give a size.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 PM

No idea... it would be nice if you can see it in person. What did you want to put in there. I have a tank bag that came with my bike... I hardy use it but when I do it holds alot of stuff and doesn't get in the way at all.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 PM

I ride my bike as my main/only transport. I'd like to have a place to store a flexibe tank bag and my gloves, so i don't have to take them with me when I park. It would also be nice to have access to my tools if I need them...or even (if it's large enough) be able to take left overs home when I go out to eat!

Old 11-29-2005, 12:29 AM

I had one on my F3 , came in handy and it gives you a hell of a lot more space than what I have on my 1000RR [:@]

Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 AM

Yea I dont think left overs will fit unless you take them out of the doggy bag and dump them in the trunk lol. Yea so a tank bag wouldnt work if you didnt want to carry it around. You could leave it there but someone might take it. Getting the trunk would probably be your only option. What do you mean you would like to get to the tools? Just pop the left tail cover off and there they are. kind of a pain but...

Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM

o... I didn't know about poping off the fairing. I'm trying to justify buying it. The main thing would be so I could have a place to put a small tank bag when I'm not riding. What kind of deminsions are we talking for the trunk?

Old 11-29-2005, 01:01 AM

MgA_ODEN thats all you.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 AM

The exact dimensions escape me , but it should be big enough for what he needs.

(a copy and paste review I agree with)

The other option available is called the CBR F2 & F3 TRUNK KIT made by M.D. Wright, Inc. This system basically allows you to make use of the additional unused space under your seat. You know, like a normal bike! (Don’t you agree, Honda?) The way it works is pretty cool. The bolts that hold the seat in place get replaced with solenoids. The solenoid uses electricity to move a rod through the bolt holes in the seat. These are then connected to the ignition switch. Therefore, the seat locks and unlocks with your bike key. The main draw back to this system is that you have to do some cutting of the plastic under the seat. However, the bike will look totally stock with a large completely concealed storage area that’s very secure! It even works with the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit mentioned above! Many users of this system say it was easy to install and works great! Keeping the solenoids lubricated keeps the system working smooth. People have also noted that after months of use, the seat still stays locked tight in place. I’d recommend this system to anyone looking for the stock look with great security! You can order one at: http://www.flashalert.com

Quick Reply: f2/f3 TRUNK KIT