General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust/Front brake question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/Front brake question

Alright two quick questions. First one, I have a vance and hines slip on exhaust for my 97' F3 600...I want full exhaust system. I've been trying to find full exhaust systems online and I dont know where to look for an older bike can someone point me in the right direction. Second, the person before me said he put on all new brakes on the bike last season, the front brake is rubbing. I can hear it when I push it around in my garage and I can feel the resistance also. Any tips on that? Thanks in advanced riding season is on its way and I want to get everything squared away before I start going on big rides.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 PM

find out where its rubbing. the pads do touch the disks but not enough to apply pressure, and most of the time it will release with a few spins of the bike anyway
but sometimes if they over tighten the caliper bolts or use the wrong ones, you get them poke through and actually touch the disks. you might need either shorter bolts or even some good quality washers.

did you get the impression that he knew what he was doing or did he just wing it? this is assuming it was installed properly, there isnt a whole lot to installing brakes but you can still mess it up if you dont know what you are doing with it

and last, you might want to bleed them, if they havent been done already, the front one is very easy, the back is a bit more complicated cuz you dont want to get brake fluid on the chain. so you will need a 1/4 pvc tube, the clear ones work the best.

you tube it, it helps if you got a buddy around to help you bleed it.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM

Not sure about your particular year of bike, but I got a full exhaust set in stainless from: Sandy Bike Spares. Tel No 01234 871009. Or go to: www.sandybikespares.co.uk

You can also email them at: sandybikespares@fsmail.net
Mine cost £169.99 on 20/07/11 so prices may be higher now. Give them a call or whatever and see if they have the pipes for your bike. A bit dear (or not!) but will last for years!