General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust....

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009 | 04:18 PM
|
Default exhaust....

i posted a few on here i think about wanting to shorten and clean up my pipe. i have done alot of bull**** work to it since then and i didint rivet the first time and Effed up the edges so i cut another inch off to get a new clean edge ( 5" total now ) the end caps fit into the main exhaust tube to well and have a gap that not even a rivet gun can seal up. as it gets tight around the edge it makes a gap towards the end. tried doing it from middle to end and work around so it goes to one but it still gaps. also stuffed extra packing in the top edges and it leaks a bit. right now i have the bottom near the mid pipe riveted like a mother with exhaust sealent on and it leaks little to none. but the top end cap wont sit tight, its got a small wrap of duct tape around the ede to hold leaking compression and a hose clamp snugged down to keep all tight.

it sounds nice and everything runs good. but it looks like HELL! it was a nice micron and hindsight i should of left it but i love projects and small DIY mods.

seasons almost over in MI and ill be getting a new pipe in the winter for next season but for now is there anyway i can clean it up? i seen lots of stunt riders on they're F4i's cut it all up and have either a super small can or just a cone shaped pipe coming off the midpipe? anything to clean it up. cant have the duct tape and hose clam look..

Old 10-05-2009 | 03:17 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Is it carbon fiber? Some pics would be very helpful

Old 10-05-2009 | 02:36 PM
|

there are pictures of a full view, up close as of now, bottom fix by midpipe with rivets and exhaust sealer, the end cap and inside packing.

Attached Thumbnails exhaust....-fullview.jpg   exhaust....-insidepipe.jpg   exhaust....-endcap.jpg   exhaust....-fixedatmidpipe.jpg   exhaust....-currenttaped.jpg