General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Even after the biked is warm...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Even after the biked is warm...

Okay so when i go and start my bike in the morning i let it warm up. Today i just noticed though from revving the throttle that if i pull back too fast the bike will falter before revving and if i pull back fast enough the instant i have her opened the engine will die. I have tried this on multiple choke setting and the same thing happens. I now know why my wheelies arent going up. Slow throttle response time.

Shouldnt it respond right away?

How can i fix this?

How can i get my throttle to respond faster?

Edit: after i let it get a little hotter it wasnt so bad but still feels like it should be faster. after letting it idle for like five mins it would'nt die when yanking the throttle but seems a bit slow still.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Even after the biked is warm...

Sync the carbs or TB's depending on your fuel system.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM

dirty or out of sync carbs maybe? my bike did this exact thing when my battery started to die from my R/R going bad....

Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 PM

Hmmm, yeah my batt was dead a week or so ago... i hope thats it. )i have the battery fully charged now)

Would i find out how to sync carbs in the manual?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:34 PM

In order to sync the carbs, you will need a syncrozing tool. there are a couple of different styles. There are ones that are basically lines filled with mercury, or now some other substance..Im not sure what it is, butits in a liquid form. Or dial type. I dont trust the dial type as much as the mercury ones. The mercury ones pull from the same vat, the dial ones are all independant gauges and can lead to inconsistancy.

You will also need an adjuster tool. They run about 30 bucks. They are basically a long scew driver that has a 90 deg .angle.

If you plan on keep this bike and or working on others, you may want to buy one. They run about 100-200 bucks for decent ones. Or, if you know of a garage that will lend tools, that would be the other route.

Syncronizing them is pretty straight forward and pretty easy. You basically just hook up each hose to the vaccum source on each carb, look at the gauges, and get them all the same. basically set one, them make the others match the #1 carb as it is the only one that is not adjustable.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:21 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a thread on how-to make your own carb-sync-tool.
http://www.r6central.com/forums/r6-h...sync-tool.html

Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Hmm.. never knew about any special tool. I just used a standard phillips screw driver.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

In order to sync the carbs, you will need a syncrozing tool. there are a couple of different styles. There are ones that are basically lines filled with mercury, or now some other substance..Im not sure what it is, butits in a liquid form. Or dial type. I dont trust the dial type as much as the mercury ones. The mercury ones pull from the same vat, the dial ones are all independant gauges and can lead to inconsistancy.

You will also need an adjuster tool. They run about 30 bucks. They are basically a long scew driver that has a 90 deg .angle.

If you plan on keep this bike and or working on others, you may want to buy one. They run about 100-200 bucks for decent ones. Or, if you know of a garage that will lend tools, that would be the other route.

Syncronizing them is pretty straight forward and pretty easy. You basically just hook up each hose to the vaccum source on each carb, look at the gauges, and get them all the same. basically set one, them make the others match the #1 carb as it is the only one that is not adjustable.

I was talking to the local bike/atv mechanic and he was saying he would do it for 70 bucks. He also told me that i could buy a syncing tool for just under 100 bucks for a cheap one and over 500 for a good one. He said the old ones were filled with mercury and the newer ones actually have a led substance in them. I think i will try to make my own when i can but for now you know... funds.

Thanx guys