General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Fairings -- no good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Fairings -- no good?

Has anyone run any of these ebay fairing kits? They look hella slick made by some poor ****s halfway across the world.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories

Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM

NO GOOD. The paint job is indeed pimp as ****, but they don't have the bikes there to size the fairings up with, so the **** doesn't fit on your bike right, and the holes are all off.

Check this thread out for a review with pictures that explain what I'm talking about:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...+kong+fairings

Old 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM

I ordered an ebay fairing kit for one of my buddies Kawasaki ZX-9, it looked great and bolted right up! Im currently waiting on one to arrive for another friend's cbr 900, if theres any problem I'll post a thread or reply to this one!!! Hey, anytime you go the cheap route you are gambling, sometimes it works out and sometimes not, from what I've seen personally these kits are great. The same guy I ordered the kit for wrecked his bike about a month later and the kit took a beating like a champ. Fairings are the most expensive thing on a sportbike besides the engine,so if you can get one painted w/decals and the holes are pre drilled for about $600 shipped i would try it. Worst case is you may have to plug a hole and drill another, but again ya went the cheap route.

Check out my picture gallery and you will see the Zx-9 in a parade line up, the wreckage pics are posted on there also..

Last edited by gxsretr; 09-04-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: errors
Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
NO GOOD. The paint job is indeed pimp as ****, but they don't have the bikes there to size the fairings up with, so the **** doesn't fit on your bike right, and the holes are all off.
?? So you're saying they hand fabricate abs plastic dies just by eye balling a picture or somethin? Not!! Maybe you had a bad batch or something but I got mine from Mung88 on ebay and they fit ***** on! The only thing I had to do was drill the windshield mounting holes a size bigger to accept those rubber nuts. I got some pics in my album of mine, looks just as good an inch away as it does in the pictures.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i too have had good success with ebay fairings. it is a gamble so to say that all of the kits from all of the sellers are garbage would be unfair. i think the sellers are deffinetly coming along way and sending out some great products.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck - the first time people put stock fairings onto a bike it is hard... then you learn the tricks and it gets pretty easy.

From what I have seen, some are awesome (even better than stock in some rare cases), some are good, and some require a fair bit of work to fit.

Look around for specific references for your bike - some one will tell you who's they brought and how well they fit.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM

Be carefull of the seller, check their rating before you purchase. there are alot of local and foreign sellers out there with really bad ratings

Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looked at Ebay for fairings. I don't like dealing with overseas sellers at all. Then I've seen some mixed reviews.

Found this place online http://www.nicecycle.com/default.asp

You'll pay about $200 more than ebay but they seem a bit more reputable

Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM

I sell brand new sets. I very rarely have a complaint. Half of them are done by injection mould process now anyways. Mine come from Taiwan and Japan. Alot of people like dealing with someone in the USA rather than from overseas.