F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fairings! To ebay or not to ebay?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairings! To ebay or not to ebay?!

Hey guys. So i just purchased a 2001 CBR 600 F4i, and cosmetically it's not in the worlds greatest cosmetic shape. The bike has a lot of damage (cracks, scratches, holes, etc) with the plastics/fairings. So this is where my problems come in. I really would like to get this bike in as best cosmetic state as i can for the least amount... I'm a college student and don't have a lot to spend on this. The ideal price would be in the $300 price range.

So this is where i would like to get the educate me on how to go about this.

I have the Red/Black color combination, so my tank is red. I spent a few searches on Ebay, and found the prices to be really reasonable for aftermarket plastics, untill i saw the cost of shipping! Cost of plastics range from 200-300, and so does their shipping! Wow $250 to ship plastics!? I guess packaging, and fragile label adds up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_3662wt_939

That's the example of what i found. That's the color scheme on my bike, so i'd appreciate any tips and suggestions... Do i have a chance of getting my bike's plastic, new and shiny for under 300?

Thanks for the input.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:01 PM

your not going to get close to that for a complete set
Delkevic has your set complete for 529.00 free shipping

Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 PM
July 2010 ROTM

no not for a set, dude, those fairings r like 60ish pounds coming from china...its gonna cost a lot, i shipped a set of fairings across the us and it cost 100 at ups.

try getting it vinyl wrapped or painted .... may be cheaper if u can find someone nice

Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
no not for a set, dude, those fairings r like 60ish pounds coming from china...its gonna cost a lot, i shipped a set of fairings across the us and it cost 100 at ups.

try getting it vinyl wrapped or painted .... may be cheaper if u can find someone nice
I had no clue about how heavy they are. That sucks for me. Instead of ordering a full set, is it there a good site to order them individually? I know of BikeBandit, but they're so expensive, it's almost unrealistic ordering from them.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from Bike Bandit. That's coming straight from Honda as far as I care considering the arm and the leg they ask.

D9 or Auctmarts seem to be where it's at. I'm in the same boat, but I have a rare scheme, so it sucks looking for replacements.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Stay away from Bike Bandit. That's coming straight from Honda as far as I care considering the arm and the leg they ask.

D9 or Auctmarts seem to be where it's at. I'm in the same boat, but I have a rare scheme, so it sucks looking for replacements.
Thanks for the heads up. I saw Auctmarts on Ebay, and they are priced very reasonably at 305, it's the shipping that makes that deal, not a deal anymore. 225 for shipping!? WHAT!!??

Can someone explain that shipping cost? Are they making money off the shipping or something?

Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The box the plastics come in is huge, weighs quite a bit, and is coming from Hong Kong!! That is why it costs so much.

I bought a set for mine. Quite pleased with how they look. I guess it took some work for my dad to enlarge some of the holes, and I think the plastic gets out of shape when it's not bolted on to form the bike... So the fitment takes some doing, I spent a considerable amount of time with him in the garage during this process. I think they look incredible and it was worth it.

If you bought factory plastics you can count on spending a couple grand.. So I didn't hesitate when I saw them on ebay for that price. Even if you found them elsewhere and the shipping was free, they're still gonna want 500-600 for them or more.

Bikes are expensive to modify and maintain. Save up, you'll be glad you did.

Dad is gonna paint the tank white over winter and redecal it and whatnot. Still needs levers and I want to powdercoat the wheels glossy black. I want a new exhaust n stuff. All in due time.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:05 PM

Get a Yoshi in Carbon Fiber Meggers! would look perfect. Great start, can't wait to see the tank painted, bike looks Awesome

Old 12-18-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
The box the plastics come in is huge, weighs quite a bit, and is coming from Hong Kong!! That is why it costs so much.

I bought a set for mine. Quite pleased with how they look. I guess it took some work for my dad to enlarge some of the holes, and I think the plastic gets out of shape when it's not bolted on to form the bike... So the fitment takes some doing, I spent a considerable amount of time with him in the garage during this process. I think they look incredible and it was worth it.

If you bought factory plastics you can count on spending a couple grand.. So I didn't hesitate when I saw them on ebay for that price. Even if you found them elsewhere and the shipping was free, they're still gonna want 500-600 for them or more.

Bikes are expensive to modify and maintain. Save up, you'll be glad you did.

Dad is gonna paint the tank white over winter and redecal it and whatnot. Still needs levers and I want to powdercoat the wheels glossy black. I want a new exhaust n stuff. All in due time.

From the look of your tank, we have the same color scheme. I'm glad your order worked for you. I guess shipping extremely fragile plastics from hong kong weighing 60lbs adds up to 200+. I figure i'll have to save up, but will continue keeping my eyes open for a deal. Does anyone else have success stories with these ebay stores? Anything to look out for? Bueller? Bueller?

Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just make sure the ebay seller has a great feedback rating. The plastics they sell are not OEM but if you have time and a bit of mechanicalness about ya then they'll do just fine. It's all about what you want and how much you're willing to spend I reckon ... after I crashed my hand painted fairings I figured it was just fine having the orient dress my girl ...

Quick Reply: Fairings! To ebay or not to ebay?!