General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped bike...what a present

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Muz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped bike...what a present

Well as the title says I dropped my bike. I came home and found a car parked my driveway (the same car that parks there every day and I always have to ask them to move it so I can get my bike in). I was a bit pissed off didn't put my side stand down properly and it must of come back up. I went to lean the bike over next thing I'm stumbling sideways and my bikes on its side. A bit pissed of because it was no ones fault but my own. Lucky there isn't much damage a couple of scratches on the mirror, engine cover and the hande bar weights and the bolt on the bottom of the footpeg broke off and I think thats it.

I'm very grateful the fairings are undamaged. Oh well you live and you learn

Old 12-26-2005, 05:55 AM
Default RE: Dropped bike...what a present

I went down on my bike at low speed Christmas day as well. 5 mph turning onto my street hit a touch of gravel and went down Cracked the Upper front cowling. Was going to install frame sliders this week but too late I guess. This is my FIRST time down on my bike and it made me sick. Tweaked my right knee too but I am good. I was about 50 YARDS from my house after a 3 hour ride. It happens I guess. No longer a "virgin"

The bike went down on the right side, sat there for a min before I was able to pick it up. Seems to be leaking some coolant..anything I need to check in particular and is it normal to leak coolant? Thanks all!

Old 12-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Muz

ORIGINAL: testpilotb

No longer a "virgin"

That makes 2 of us, losing my other virginity seemed so much more fun

Old 12-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that Muz -- you too TPB. Hopefully all the bike boo-boos are small and not too serious. There was a thread running around here about all the peeps that have dropped their bikes in nasty ways.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:58 PM

Sorry to hear about that guys! Man Always a bummer when you drop your bike. I did it once in a parking spot that was slopped and I don't know how but i lost my balance and tryed to put my leg out and it was too late past the balance point! It hit the ground and came right back up I was sooo scared that i hurt it i was talking to my bike and almost cryed! But luck was on my side just a lil scratch on the mirror and engin cover and pegs but no serious damage. Everyone loses their virginity sometimes. Hope the bikes are ok and riders are too! Take care be safe!

Old 12-26-2005, 09:15 PM

Well since everyone's sharing their x-mas disasters, I went down at 70 on the highway yesterday. Considering the circumstances I was very lucky, I walked away with a few scrapes and a sprained wrist. The bike only needs some new right fairings, a mirror, and the brake handle. sorry to hear about droping your bike, the low speed accidents always suck.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Retired Administrator

I’m getting out of this thread before you guys jinks me....

Old 12-31-2005, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Muz

That makes 2 of us, losing my other virginity seemed so much more fun

lol!!!! Sorry but that comment cracked me up

Old 12-31-2005, 02:45 AM

Well it must be the season, I was working on my track bike (CBR 600 F4) and was holding the tail of it pushing it back in the garage, when my dog jumped on my for some attention. (He is 135#) Well the bike started to tilt to the right and nothing to leverage against as I was behind the bike, and down it went.

Only one small nick in the paint, BUT in lifting it back up so I could put the rear stand under it, I did something to my back and it has hurt every morning since then...

Old 12-31-2005, 03:01 AM

skelaxin works wonders on my back!