General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CURIOUS ABOUT WARRANTY DETAILS !

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CURIOUS ABOUT WARRANTY DETAILS !

Hey fellas have a couple of question that I hope you guys can answer..I'm a little unclear about the specifics..thanks

a) What exactly does a factory warranty entail on a new bike?

b) Upon my 600 mile break in period, do I need to take the bike back to the same dealer I bought it from to continue the warranty ? or can I take it to a different mechanic to do this work and let him sign the manual section ?

Thanks for any help..

Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CURIOUS ABOUT WARRANTY DETAILS !

a) What exactly does a factory warranty entail on a new bike?
Answer: If it's like mine, the factory warranty is a bumper to bumper coverage of all the parts on your bike, for unlimited miles, while in the warranty period (mine is 5 years). Parts NOT covered are wear items, such as brake pads and rotors, clutch discs, fluids, chain and sprockets, etc. Other than that... if anything breaks as a result of a FACTORY DEFECT (AKA, you're cruising down the street, drop it down a gear to pass someone and suddenly the motor throws a rod... or your tranny just goes out... or your exhaust pips snaps at a weld, whatever), it's covered for parts and labor at an authorized honda shop who can make claims to honda's warranty department. Obviously, if you wreck and break something... it's not covered.

b) Upon my 600 mile break in period, do I need to take the bike back to the same dealer I bought it from to continue the warranty ? or can I take it to a different mechanic to do this work and let him sign the manual section ?
Answer: You do not HAVE to take the bike back to the dealer you bought the bike from. I, personally, rec. a Honda dealer for that check... but for no other reason than my own personal piece of mind. Any legit motorcycle mechanic at a shop can do this service and your warranty will be fine. Keep your receipts handy as well after they sign off on it.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CURIOUS ABOUT WARRANTY DETAILS !

...thanks for your time...and input.. Yeah I also thought about having the Honda mech..but wasn't sure about the warranty issue being validated. cool...