General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cowl set type 4 replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cowl set type 4 replacement

hi everyone! i'm a newbie with sportsbike.. i have a cbr600 2007. and here's my situation.

my bike was recently tipped over to the left while parked in the streets by a car that was backing up. most of the left side had scratches and required replacing it. i brought my bike to a shop and the said they will have to order parts and install them. to cut the long story short. they installed all the parts properly except for one.. the cowl set type 4..

while i was looking at the installations done.. i noticed that the area of the cowl set where the hole of the slider puck is inserted has been cut off by the shop... they said that the slider puck will not fit properly if they don't cut that part.. instead of having an "o-shape" for that hole.. it ended up to have a "c-shape" hole with the upper part of the hole cut -off..
they also said that the cowl set was too thick that when they screw in the slider puck it created a crack on the side of the remaining part of the "c-shape" hole.

my question is.. is this okay? should i demand the shop to replace it? should i accept this reason? is there such a thing that some OEM parts does not fit properly that they have to alter it?

please help me... like i said i still don't know much about bikes and repairs.. thanks!

=)

Old 06-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From your description, it sounds like faulty installation. If all the parts were oem they should fit properly. However, sliders are not oem, so that adds to the complexity. Pictures would be good, to more properly assess what's really going on.
So, take what I've said, with a grain of salt.

Ern