CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

92 Honda CBR 600 F2 Need Upper Cowl Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Honda CBR 600 F2 Need Upper Cowl Replacement

Hello everyone!

I am new to this thread and I need some help. I was recently in a minor accident last Sunday and damaged my right upper cowl on my bike. I attached the picture below just to give everyone here a visual of what is missing. I did piece it back as much as I could temporary so I can still ride it. I am looking for anyone here who is either parting out an old CBR 600 F2 or if anybody knows of a good website where it doesn't cost a lot to replace. Right now I am being quoted for $130 just for the cowl piece on ebay from an aftermarket fairing company in China. I haven't been lucky enough to find a used upper cowl on ebay. I've also looked on bikebandit.com and they want around $350 just for that piece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails 92 Honda CBR 600 F2 Need Upper Cowl Replacement-motorcycledamage.jpg  
Old 08-13-2014, 03:46 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about your accident,have a look at the parts for sale section on the site and keep looking at ebay,can the cowl not be plastic welded back together, someone from the f2 section should be along to offer you some assistance,

Old 08-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Colin, finding fairings in decent shape for these old things can be difficult sometimes, but you just have to keep scouring eBay and Craigslist, and as Wheelnut advised, check the forum's sale threads as well.

I would NOT recommend getting a piece from a Chinese seller, unless you are quite handy at modifying plastics in order to get a good fit - I have installed two different Hong Kong fairing kits on an F2, and I've made them work, but it can be quite a hassle, and can involve A LOT of finessing for a proper fit.

If I were you, and needing to replace a body panel, where the rest of the fairings are OEM, I would hold out to find a used OEM piece for a decent price, and paint it to match, as that will be the best for getting things to fit together, and look right with regards to alignment and whatnot.

Anyway, good luck with getting this thing fixed!