General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool Sprockets.... any good?

Old 04-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Sprockets.... any good?

Hey guys, just wondering if these two look any good to you guys.... this will be for my 600 rr... should I go w/ a chain rated up to 750 cc or would I get longer life/same feel out of a chain rated for up to 1000 cc's?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

Set 1 (up to 750 cc's)

Set 2 (up to 1000 cc's)

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/ (site link)

thanks again for any comments,

Chris

Old 05-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Default RE: Cool Sprockets.... any good?

ive never heard of chain ratings, i buy 520 conversion kits for all the bikes ive had and never seen chain ratings, hmmmmm, maybe i better look into that, id go with the one rated for your bike, and the kit looks nice

Old 05-01-2005, 09:24 PM

cool cool... yeah this is actually only the second time ive seen the actual "ratings" on them too... and Ive been searchin around for a bit. I forgot to add... im going w/ the -1 front +2 rear... I thought I had this to begin with... but after counting ive found it to be -1front +4 rear. will going back down 2 and keeping the front the same make that much of a difference... or should I try something else?? Im glad I got to looking at my sprockets... sheesh. The guy who had it before me said "i geared it up, went down 1 in the front and up 2 in the rear" yeah... right... 47 is NOT +2 in the rear LOL!

anyways, thanks for the comments bdbdluk,

Take it easy,

Chris

*note: I do want the bike to still be halfway "geared up" as I am going to try wheelies eventually (give me some time, im a quick learner ) But I also dont like 6 grand on the tack cruising at 60-65 ish [:'(]

Old 05-01-2005, 10:42 PM

Chain rating is VERY IMPORTANT..you can get a cheap chain that is not rated for your bike and if it breaks at speed it can be a very nasty situation. It can smack the engine cases and break them which will require replacement ( basically a engine rebuilt) or/and it can lock the rear wheel if it gets lodged between your swingarm and tire,,then "PUNT" you over the bars!!
The second kit also had a RIVET STYLE masterlink, which will not FLY OFF, the clip masterlinks are ok, just need to make sure it is installed properly