General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch lever retaining bolt....won't budge.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch lever retaining bolt....won't budge.

Hi folks,
I was having some problems with the clutch lever on "03 954" not returning to full open postion after I would squeeze it. I figured I needed to lube my clutch cable after doing some research and that's when I ran into my issue.

I can unscrew the nut to the clutch lever retaining bolt without any issuse but then the bolt will not turn and barely even budges. I can get it to turn back and forth maybe 1/16" and thats all...even after spray lubing it. I am no superman but I am by no means weak either and am not used to not being able to unscrew things especially something this small.

At this point I cannot lube my cable effectively and I am unable to remove the bolt. Has any one run into this before? Thank you.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:15 PM

WD 40 is week in this area, great lube, but not penetrant. pick up some PB Blaster and just soak it for awhile. Then keep loosening and tightening until it frees up, other than heating it up, its all you can really do. I would say pry at whatever you can, but its a bike, not a car

Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 AM

I was thinking of tapping on it but if I miss I could break the "Neutral indicator" connector...at least I think thats what that wire is. I will keep trying. I was hoping that perhaps I was missing a simple step that I was unaware of. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:39 PM

might be the clutch cable starting to seize too, pretty much to lube a lever you just spray where the joint is, otherwise the cable might be needing replacement