General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changed my exhaust, bike wont start..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if im correct it should be "B" also make sure it isnt upside down.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM

your trying to start the bike in neutral right?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM

yes i just found out it is B, and yes its not upside down, still not starting.. maybe its not resetting im not sure. im thinking about replacing it or waiting for my new fairings and if it still doesnt work after installing the headlights to the new fairings then working on it some more..

Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i think that there is a way to over ride the BAS and it should tell you if its faulty or not go check your bikes section and search for threads related to the bas

Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM

ok thank you

Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 AM

Just a shot in the dark but when you try to start the bike pull the clutch lever tight agianst the bar and try to start it, when it won't start try to let the clutch lever out a bit. i know a while back for some reason mine wouldn't start with the clutch lever pulled all the way in but if i let it out a little it would start. Aslo you said you already disconnected the battery to try to get the bas to reset, just for giggles try turnig the key to the on/off position a few times, not positive but i heard somewhere that, that might reset it. Good luck i hope you figure it out.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:57 PM

You can bypass your bas. Unplug it, then jumper wire and connect the two outer pins on the plug. If it still doesnt start, the bas is not your issue.

But from the looks of the pics, it looks like the bas may have taken a hit. If thats the case, it very well could be bad.

but also, I think you might actually have the bas disconnected. you said the plug going to the back of the headlight is all hooked up except for the blinkers. But the bas is also on that harness going to the back of the headlight. Make sure you didnt disconnect those wires. You should beable to color match them back together.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by rjgraves84
Just a shot in the dark but when you try to start the bike pull the clutch lever tight agianst the bar and try to start it, when it won't start try to let the clutch lever out a bit. i know a while back for some reason mine wouldn't start with the clutch lever pulled all the way in but if i let it out a little it would start. Aslo you said you already disconnected the battery to try to get the bas to reset, just for giggles try turnig the key to the on/off position a few times, not positive but i heard somewhere that, that might reset it. Good luck i hope you figure it out.
thanks for the suggustions.. still no dice..

Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
You can bypass your bas. Unplug it, then jumper wire and connect the two outer pins on the plug. If it still doesnt start, the bas is not your issue.

But from the looks of the pics, it looks like the bas may have taken a hit. If thats the case, it very well could be bad.

but also, I think you might actually have the bas disconnected. you said the plug going to the back of the headlight is all hooked up except for the blinkers. But the bas is also on that harness going to the back of the headlight. Make sure you didnt disconnect those wires. You should beable to color match them back together.
i checked and they are connected.. i think im going to try and just cut the wires and like you said connect the two outer ones and leave the middle one alone, correct?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Default won't start

Did you check your kill switch (on the handlebar)?

Quick Reply: changed my exhaust, bike wont start..