General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chain and sprocket brand

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chain and sprocket brand

I am looking to replace my front and rear sprocket and chain. Does any one recommend a particular brand or website? I would like to get a colored chain if possible. I am not looking to lower my gearing. Any input would be appreciated. Looking to order this weekend

Thanks

Old 06-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want colored look into vortex, Can speak on their quality because Ive never used them. RK, EK and DID are all good chain manufactures; Ive used Renthal and AFAM for sprockets and both were enjoyable and I didn't have any problems. You can save a bit of money sticking with a 525 chain, the difference in weight is negligible in reference to a 520. Aluminum is lighter steel lasts longer again unless your hitting the track every other weekend, steel will serve you well and the money saved can go to gas. Hope it helps

Old 07-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by CJardine
If you want colored look into vortex, Can speak on their quality because Ive never used them. RK, EK and DID are all good chain manufactures; Ive used Renthal and AFAM for sprockets and both were enjoyable and I didn't have any problems. You can save a bit of money sticking with a 525 chain, the difference in weight is negligible in reference to a 520. Aluminum is lighter steel lasts longer again unless your hitting the track every other weekend, steel will serve you well and the money saved can go to gas. Hope it helps
That pretty much covers it, what he said.