General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cbrr 250 WILLNOT run with the choke off

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009 | 08:58 PM
|
Angry

Hi Again Guys
After 4hr's of cleaning carbs and ajusting same problem , will only run on choke for a few seconds , nothing else
i am going to try new fuel source today and see what happens
Grrrrrrr

Also i just want to let all of you know that your help is appreciated . thanks for all the comments

ill keep trying

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by djsam
Hi Again Guys
After 4hr's of cleaning carbs and ajusting same problem , will only run on choke for a few seconds , nothing else
i am going to try new fuel source today and see what happens
Grrrrrrr

Also i just want to let all of you know that your help is appreciated . thanks for all the comments

ill keep trying
Sorry to hear that Sam! keep at it and dont give up, im sure it will get figured out soon. If its running with the choke on it still sounds like its just not getting fuel to me. At one point i used an Automotive painting spray gun Cup that fit the fuel tubing as a fuel source to eliminate the honda fuel tank as the problem. One other thing I mentioned, not sure if you tried it yet, you can slowly add fuel directly into the carb(or automotive starting fluid) and if the bike stays running as long as you do that, you will know its a fuel issue.

Good luck,

Blake

Last edited by blakesgst; 11-05-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2009 | 10:00 AM
|

Thats a good idea Blake , i have a spray gun which is still new , i can use the pot to put some fuel in and try ,.
but the f#$%$N fuel tap works on the tank ,

I wont give up , its got to be somthing so little

Someone else mentioned in the post to try another soure of fuel but wasnt sure what to use

Old 11-06-2009 | 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by djsam
Thats a good idea Blake , i have a spray gun which is still new , i can use the pot to put some fuel in and try ,.
but the f#$%$N fuel tap works on the tank ,

I wont give up , its got to be somthing so little

Someone else mentioned in the post to try another soure of fuel but wasnt sure what to use
You mean little, like the fuel filter? Dunno your bike but pretty sure it has a fuel filter. Gas sat in it for a year. Again, I say it might be completely stuffed up.

If it's running with choke on, it's not getting enough fuel. If you're 100% bout the carbs being cleaned and setup somewhere near right, you've prolly got a partial blockage somewhere along the fuel lines

Last edited by Kuroshio; 11-06-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2009 | 10:01 PM
|
Angry

Done Everything i know , but same **** ,
a friend of mine told me my carbys need to be re sync'ed

Last edited by djsam; 11-09-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2009 | 08:07 PM

yeah cleaning carb is very important. But how is your fuel delivery system prior to the carbs? Easy place to start

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:35 PM
|
Default found the problem

Hi guys ,
after a lot of work re jetting the carbs and cleaning them, running injector cleaner though em still same issue , wont run ,
so i am chasing some seconhand carbs , if anyone knows where and how much please let me know if you selling any

Old 11-23-2009 | 01:38 PM

You still haven't mentioned if you replaced the fuel filter. cheap and a couple minutes. If you haven't looked into it, it could be what's causing you a ton of aggravation and $$.

Old 11-23-2009 | 08:34 PM
|
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Kitzer76er
You still haven't mentioned if you replaced the fuel filter. cheap and a couple minutes. If you haven't looked into it, it could be what's causing you a ton of aggravation and $$.
I have replaced the filter , but same fukin **** ,done the carbs a major clean and no way , it does not want to have a bar at it ,

Not getting enough petrol ,
i found a set of secondhand carbs and going to spend a few $$$ and see how i go ,
I will let you all know by the weekend

Old 11-23-2009 | 08:51 PM
Cool

Go on to the site www.cbr250.com intro yourself first then ask any question about the CBR250RR (MC22) or the single R (MC19), massive wealth of knowledge available there.
Cheers
Tony

btw, where do you live ???

Last edited by z1105r; 11-23-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Cbrr 250 WILLNOT run with the choke off