General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cbrr 250 WILLNOT run with the choke off

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009 | 05:40 PM
|
Thumbs down Cbrr 250 WILLNOT run with the choke off

Hi All
I Appreciate any help please
I have a Honda cb250rr 94 model given to me from a friend which was needs a little work which I done ,, fairings and a few other parts .
He had it sitting in garage and not started it for over 1 year

HERE IS THE ISSUE
The bike Will start with choke on only and when I accelerate it will die . Wont allow me to throttle at all, If I pour some petrol done the carbs it will run and let me rev but that’s it until the petrol runs out.
I have also clean the fuel tap and am sure its getting fuel but why is it not running ?

I replace the spark plugs and new fuel and also clean the carbys out, needles and jets., etc . .

So that’s my main problem , Bike will Start and Run On Choke for a few Minutes but when and if I rev it will die

PLEASE HELP !!!!
Thanks so much

Old 11-03-2009 | 07:10 PM

Hey Djsam, welcome to the forums. Sounds like dirty carbs to me, they are probably pretty gummed up from sitting for so long and need a good cleaning.

Good Luck,

Blake

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:50 PM

He said he cleaned the carbs...

Try a different source of fuel in the fuel tank...

All I can think of at the moment.

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:34 PM
|
Smile

Originally Posted by bmgcya
He said he cleaned the carbs...

Try a different source of fuel in the fuel tank...

All I can think of at the moment.

What do you mean different source of fuel ? I Drain It and put new fuel , but it still wont go .

Do you want me to try to just put some petrol in another fuel tank of some type and gove that a go ?

Im not sure if i mentioned that If i pour some juice in the carbs she starts and runs very good , i can rev .

But all i got now , it start on choke and if i use accelator it dies

Im thinking it may not be getting enough petrol ?

All help is so much appreciated

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by djsam
What do you mean different source of fuel ? I Drain It and put new fuel , but it still wont go .

Do you want me to try to just put some petrol in another fuel tank of some type and gove that a go ?

All help is so much appreciated
Yes, try this.

Get an empty fuel bottle, kind of like an I.V. drip and replace your tank's fuel flow with a known good one like the fuel bottle. See how long and how good it runs once you do that.

I'm guessing you have some contaminants in your bike's gas tank. Might have to get some muratic acid and clean it out.

Old 11-03-2009 | 10:50 PM

Fuel filter could be stuffed. My bike sat for 2 years. The only reason fuel was getting through it was the fuel pump forcing it through.

Old 11-04-2009 | 03:30 AM

I know you cleaned the carbs, but did you adjust them correctly? From the sounds of it, either your not getting fuel to your carbs, as already mentioned, or your pilot jets may not be adjusted correctly. Check to make sure you didn't just tighten them up. Also, double check the floats are not stuck and or are adjusted correctly.

Also, when you cleaned the carbs, how thoroughly did you clean them? there are different idea's of cleaning the carbs, if they werent completely cleaned, that may be your issue.

Old 11-04-2009 | 09:05 AM
|
Smile

Originally Posted by justasquid
I know you cleaned the carbs, but did you adjust them correctly? From the sounds of it, either your not getting fuel to your carbs, as already mentioned, or your pilot jets may not be adjusted correctly. Check to make sure you didn't just tighten them up. Also, double check the floats are not stuck and or are adjusted correctly.

Also, when you cleaned the carbs, how thoroughly did you clean them? there are different idea's of cleaning the carbs, if they werent completely cleaned, that may be your issue.

I do remember i DIDNT touch the Pilot Jets at all , i was to scared noit knowing how to re ajust them
i did follow these great intusctions
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...retor+cleaning

I am happy to clean it again but what do i do with the pilot jets once u screw them back in ? how do i know the ajustment . i read this in the forum
Pilot screw in/clockwise is less fuel, out/counterclockwise is more fuel.
so is that the tricky part ?
not sure how to ajust

thanks again for help

Old 11-04-2009 | 12:18 PM

You really need to get in there, take the jets out and clean them extremely well as well as each hole in the carb with cleaner and air. You mentioned in your first post that if you put fuel into the carb directly it runs better, that usually means fuel is not flowing through the carb well enough for the bike to run, exact same thing was happening to my bike. Also, you said you didnt touch the pilot jets, mine were gunked up pretty bad. What you do is, screw them in all the way until they just seat and while you do that count how many turns it was to get there, write that down. Then remove them, clean them and the holes, and when you re-install them screw them all the way in again and unscrew them the amount you wrote down.

Good Luck,

Blake

Old 11-05-2009 | 01:00 AM
|
Talking

Just to let all all know firstly thanks so much for your help ,
i cleaned them out fully now and i mean fully with carb cleaner and air ,
IAs i speak just having a break before i put ther carb back on ,
i Cleaned the pilot jets and was a LOT of Sh#T in there ,

Maybe i didnt clean it well the first time as i used degreaser and petrol but that carby cleaner works well ,

I will Let you know what happens in the next few hrs once i put the cabry , etc back on ,

I really do appraicte this guys ,,
YOU all ROck
Let ya know soon whats the result ,
Fingers and toes crossed

Quick Reply: Cbrr 250 WILLNOT run with the choke off