General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR900RR TPS harness plug question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR900RR TPS harness plug question

Hello, please pardon my ignorance, but I have purchased a set of throttles supposedly from a 2005-2006 CBR900RR, and I'm fabricating pieces to make them work on a cutsom turbocharged 4cyl Miata engine.

I am in need of the harness connector and a couple inches of wire that plugs into the TPS, so I can splice it onto my aftermarket EFI harness.

I have no idea how common that plug might be to other models, but I'd love to find out, and really hope that someone who reads this has one they can snip off a harness and drop in an envelope for me.

Thanks!
Mark

Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Im not sure what you have, but they never made a 900RR in 05 or 06. It may from a 1000RR, 04 to present. 954 02 or 03, 929 2000 to 2001. Before that, they were 900's, but the 900RR's were all carburated.

so you can see the dilema that is present if you dont know exactly what throttle body you have.

Also, did you manage to get the injectors with the throttle bodies? The throttle bodies are seperate from the injectors.

Im not trying to tell you what to do here, but Im not sure the injectors will flow enough to support a miata engine. Im not sure what size the miata engine is, but those injectors at best are designed for a one liter engine "1000cc". I seriously doubt they will work for a modded 1.6 or 1.8 liter engine.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:30 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply. I thought it was odd that I couldn't find a 05-06 RR subforum on here!

I DO know this is one of the bikes that has 2 sets of injectors....if that even helps... I just looked on ebay, and the set I have look just like the ones listed for a 600 F4i, and a 929RR...

I wish I had a picture of my set...

Oh, and about the injector size, I'm going to use injectors in the stock location in the Miata head pointed right at the valve. I've found that an 1/8" NPT tap cuts pretty decent threads in the extra injector holes, not really deep threads, but enough to hold some 1/8" pipe plugs in place, and you can take thenm out and reinstall injectors if you want. I did this when I was running carbs on a Miata engine...

BTW, does anyone happen to know the size of the injectors mounted in the throttles (downstream set)? That could be a great place to install an aux set for a high power application.

Thanks again for any more help you guys can give. This TPS plug is the only thing keeping me from starting the car now...