General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR600F-S (F3??) Mechanical help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600F-S (F3??) Mechanical help needed

Hi all,

I relatively new to bikes and having zero mechanical knowledge (and no owners manual when buying the bike) you may well be my best / only source of knowledge?

I have recently bought a 1995 (M reg) CBR 600F-S (F3)

& i need help with 2 things for now guys please?

1 - how can i remove the seat, to give the farings / plastic side panels a good clean down??

2 - My engine sounds a bit ''clunky'' at times. I've just checked the dipstick, and there's very little oil in it :-(
Presumably i just add oil via the dipstick opening?? but how much is enough? there are two marks on the dipstick end, with the letters MAL printed inbetween - i'm guessing that the higher of the two is the top level??

These are probably stupid questions, but still as a relative 'new-comer' to the world of motorbikes, i need to start somewhere ha ha

Thanks in advance
Daz

Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Have a look at this thread...

https://cbrforum.com/forum/stickies-...manual-112265/

You should be able to download a manual for your bike there and it will help a lot.

To remove the seat you need to remove the side panels below it and then unbolt the seat. It should be easy once you take a look in the manual.

There will be info in there about oil too I think.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 PM

thanks very much

Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 PM

my 98 has the clunking that u can physically feel at idle and hear but only in neutral but when i pull in on the clutch it goes away....idk if yours might have the same symptons but if so something goin on on the trans area...ive beem rockin mine like thatbfor 2 years and you have to pull the side fairings off to get to the seatbolts....i didnt bother putting my seat bolts back in just alot easier to yank seatboff in an emergency and it stays in place just fine....amd hondas are reziliant...you can lockem up ....just add oil and ur good to go again lol

Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 PM

dazb...If you're concerned about the engine noise, take a look at this thread...https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-9...-sound-128548/

It seems lot's of folk have similar issues with clunky engine noises on these bikes but in a lot of cases it's not something to worry about.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:24 AM

Hi, Clunking sounds could be a few things. most common and easily fixed is the CCT.
this is a Cam Chain Tensioner. In your engine is a chain that moves, it looks similar to the drive chain on the back wheel but obviously not as big. the CCt keeps a level of tension against the chain to stop it from stretching and damaging any parts in the engine block.

Its a relatively easy fix and theres lots of help on this forum to help you.
If you ever need a second opinion im not a million miles away and regualary come your way on sunny sundays if you want any help.
Cheers