General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR F4 Stalling while riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CBR F4 Stalling while riding

i am having the same problem and the shop can't figure it out.....ever clear the issue up

Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 PM

I have a 1999 CBR F4 with the exact same problem. It seems to ride fine in low rpm (under 4K) but above that and it starts to show the same symptoms as yours -- the exhaust note will change (kinda sounds muffled and throatier) and then i know it will bog out on me and die. If i wait a bit it will start back up, but it will happen again about 5-10 minutes later. Did you ever find out what the problem was? Really need some help cause it's the start of riding season and i'm rashin' [8D] Thanks!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM

THIS IS IT!!! i have had your problem for ages!

CHECK THE AIR SOLENOIDVALVE SYSTEM (alos called air injection valve)::

this is a common problem for cbr owners... i spend big money replacing everything i could think of and still had the same problem. truth is, some zip ties fixed it!!!! yeah thats most likely it.

there is an air solenoid valve in front of your bike just under the front of the tank on the inside of the frame where the triple tree is. it hooks into the air box and ultimately the carb barrels. It also has an electric plug on the left side... look near the spark plug wire harnes on the left.. just below that is the electric hook up into the wire harness. it is feed by two tubes in front of your bike near the ram air ducts and just underneath the headlight.

1. make sure that electric connectionis hooked up properly
2. check in the tubes in front!! they must be pointed forward in the best possible air stream.. these tubes and solenoid equalize the back pressure in the bottom of the carbs and often fall down or get unplugged and essensially,, your bike will just flook out and stall

i changed out a part on mine and the tubes dropped, i delt with this for months!!
i have a particular hard time with mine because i have a high flow air fliter, jetting, full exhaust etc.

good luck... spread the word! aftersomeone pointed me in this direction (from the forum...who i cant thank enough)i have helped many with the same problem.