General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BREAKING PROBLEM?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BREAKING PROBLEM?

soo i let my friend ride my 03 600rr and he laied it down =[ but anyways besides the plastics the only thing thats kinda messed up is the front break, it still works and all but its not stiff at all anymore like its almost loose after i let it off, and also after we picked the bicke up there was some liquid leaking out from underneath but it was only like a teaspoon or so and it stopped after like 10 seconds, could that of just been from the bike being on its side? if u got any suggestions on what the problem with my break might be that would be great

Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Default RE: BREAKING PROBLEM?

whenever any vehicle you own is leaking fluid or has...make a habit of putting your finger in it and smelling it(wouldn't advise tasting it)...could have been anything...coolant, oil, gas,brake fluid. start giving your bike a good look over before you find out the hard way that engine compression alone won't slow you enough when your brakes don't work.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:30 PM

but can stuff leak out ouf it from it being on its side or dows that mean theres a crack or a tear somewhere?

Old 11-20-2008, 12:35 PM

yes, the bike i'm working on for someone was on its side...leaked virtually all of the oil out(from a already cracked generator cover which cracked more on the second lay down) and leaked a good bit of gas out too. when i had my f2 and it was on its side once...leaked some gas out...so it's not out of the ordinary...but even a fall from a kickstand sinking into the dirt is enough to do some damage. if your brakes are now feeling loose i would check the fluid level...if its fine start checking the reservoir and the lines. it would help more if you knew what exacty leaked out...could have been gas(which it usually is)

Old 11-20-2008, 12:38 PM

oh, if you don't mind...would you go to this section of the forum https://cbrforum.com/forumid_2/tt.htm and introduce yourself!! great to have new members, we know what you ride but whats your name and where are you from....you know the basics...just start a thread in that section of the forum that i linked you to

Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 PM

and just FYI, BREAK is what happens when a brick is thrown though a pane of glass, a BRAKE, is what stops your bike. please for the love of god remember this if nothing else. I hate when people spell that wrong.

now, with that outta the way, how do you mean "loose" like does the lever feel spongy and just soft/lacking stopping power compared to before?

if the bike went on its side, I wouldnt be surprised if there is air in the master cylinder now, its not unlikely either by the way, because I know its possible.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM

my guess would be oil, fuel or brake fluid but it's hard to say with the info you've provided. It's possible a bike could leak some fuel if it were laid down, even if you gently laid it done purposely. So how did he lay it down?