General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light probs after fender eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light probs after fender eliminator

So I bought my bike used. all the lights (brake, turn, brights) worked fine, and then a little bit ago my tail lights started freaking out. There is an eliminator kit on there now, and one light was always on bright like i am braking, and the other one was just on with just the running light. THe bright one's turn signal worked, the other one didn't. All the bulbs are new and the front turn signals work fine.

After fiddling with the connections on the "Uhaul 3-into-2" converter the previous guy used, both are bright all the time, and won't change when I use the handle or the foot brake. But now both turn signals work.

Besides tearing it apart and starting from scratch (the wires are a complete fluster cuck), doesn anyone have any ideas/experience/wisdom about this type of stuff? I'm hoping someone might have a quick solution. If not, does anyone know where to get a cheap 3 into 2 converter besides ebay if the one I have is junk?

Thanks a bunch fellas

Old 06-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brake light probs after fender eliminator

Need more info. What kind of bike? how many wires are coming from each turn signal? Is the tail light stock or after market like a Clear Alternative? From hearing what problems you are having I suspect a possible ground problem since you said it worked like it should when you bought it.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake light probs after fender eliminator

Your best bet is to rewire it correctly and cleaning using crimp style connectors. Wal-mart, the place with damn near everything has a trailer wiring setup that works great as an eliminator and is pretty cheap....im using it on my 1999 F4 now. Barring that get out the multimeter cause something is definately screwed up in the wiring or connections. If you tell me what bike ya have I can probably be more help......if you need i can post pics of my eliminator and its wiring....