General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blank

Oooops

Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Default RE: Installing Scorpion Exh and K/N filter. Critisism Please.

Hmmm....

Sometimes I feel like making a second screen name and posting something similar then I realize people do it for me and they are serious.

You want to go how fast? I hope thats a controlled environment. 200MPH club in your profile? Do you have proof? Also, crome is heavy. If you are trying to go fast I wouldnt crome anything.

And you are from my area. Let me know when you are on the road so I can stay off it.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 AM

I won't flame ya here, but I would stay away from posting "high speed" numbers that you're wanting to try and obtain... unless you're heading to the salt flats.[8D]

As far as your actual issue goes, no, you do not NEED a PCIII if you get an air filter. Some people say that the oil from a K&N filter can gum up your internals... but I don't believe that. I HAVE heard that the stock honda filter (just get a new one) is actually a very good filter. You won't get much for changing it out, if any. No change in air coming in (discounting a dirty filter), means no change, which means no reason for a PCIII.

To sum it up, no. If you want to get the K&N, that's fine, but you're not going to require a PCIII. If anything, your slip-on did more to change the set-up than the air filter will. Getting a PCIII would help you out all the same, but you don't NEED it with what you've done so far.

That help?

And stay off the public roads if you're gonna crack 100mph if ya can. Just tryin' to look out for your safety, that's all. Ride safe and take it easy man!

Oh yeah, and if you want to chrome the rims, they shouldn't peel if the place that mounts your tires is careful. If they mess up and the machine bites into your wheel, then the chrome COULD peel, but that would be the tire shops fault.

There is no reason you should need to "plug off" the O2 sensor... that doesn't make any sense.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 AM

This is dumb