General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike bogging problem. Good read

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike bogging problem. Good read

Ok this is what I got.

2007 CBR1000RR/R
Two Brothers slip on.
K and N air filter.
Power Commander 3 USB.

This was the problem. I got the big brand new and I noticed that when I was at a dead stop the bike would idle fine. But once I started to pull away it would start to bogg out until it hit about 3000 rmps. At 3000 rpms it would clear out and would actual kick in the power it was missing all at once. So I talked to a couple tec's about it and they said that was normal with Honda. I was told that was how Honda made power in the bottom end. I was told to just role on the throattle more and let the clutch out slower if it really bothered me. Well moving the throttle a 64th of an inch with the clutch all the way in meant I was at about 4000 rpms. So I just dealt with the bogging. So I went ahead and picked up my exhaust the air filter and the PC3. I was having some issues with the map that I got for my set up but it finally worked. I did some think and figured I could fix this bogging problem with the PC3 so this is what I did.

I only changed the low settings because that is what I was having problems with. I first changed it so there was more fuel at low RPM's. I moved it to +4. Then went for a spin around the block. Not really any better and maybe a little worse I thought. But just to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me I set it back to 0 and went for a spin. Yup still bogging. So this time I moved the low to -4. To the bike out and it seemed a little better. So once again didn't want to get tricked. Zeroed again, back around the block, problem was back. Went back to the house and set the low to -6. To the bike around the block and noticed a big difference. Was super happy and decided to take the bike out for a ride. Well While I was out riding I remembered something I learn going to those Moto-Gp races in Germany. I remembered all those 2 stroke riders that seezed up there engines because the bike was very lean. And the 4 stroke guys that burned a hole in there piston because they where lean also. So i decided to pull into my work and let the bike cool down while I ran into my office. After about 20 minutes I rode it home and here I am.

So my question is this. Is -6 in the low RPM range bad? Am i at risk of burning something up?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Banned
Default RE: Bike bogging problem. Good read

get it dynotuned or download another map, I may be wrong, but just f**king around with the PCIII can be dangerous. if -6 is lean, then I would go the other way and seek professional help, the pipe will lean out the bike, the air filter will lean out the bike and the bike runs naturally lean to pass emissions, I would be afraid of holed pistons.

Not sure about bogging though, the only 1KRR I rode scared me all through the rev range, I may not of felt the bogging since I was too busy screaming.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered Users

lol fryer...you crack me up....i have pictures of you riding the 1krr and just screaming in your helmet....hahaha....thanks...i needed that today!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

get it dynotuned or download another map, I may be wrong, but just f**king around with the PCIII can be dangerous. if -6 is lean, then I would go the other way and seek professional help, the pipe will lean out the bike, the air filter will lean out the bike and the bike runs naturally lean to pass emissions, I would be afraid of holed pistons.

Not sure about bogging though, the only 1KRR I rode scared me all through the rev range, I may not of felt the bogging since I was too busy screaming.
Anyone know a good place to get her dyno'd in the Columbus Ga area?