General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery or somthing else

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery or somthing else

Hi all,
Just got a Honda CBR600f and love it but i am have troble with the battery keeps going flat, i have charged it up and put it back in the bike but after 3-4 starts it gose flat again, i try bump starting it and this works 3 times but then nothing dead flat!

Any ideas will be very helpful

Regards

Nathan

Old 02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Battery or somthing else

Check out this forum for related topics, this one comes up every other day. The Achillis heel for CBR's (&VFR's) is its voltage regulator.( I should also add, the cam chain tensioner) They generate a lot a heat, and as a result they slowly die (or in some cases quickly). As a result your mainly running on battery power, as the reg breaks down, the fault is usually intermittant, but sounds like yours has had the richard. There are other things that can cause the battery to go flat, (like the battery itself being stuffed ). All I can suggest is that you have your reg & battery checked, does not take long. Or if you have the nouse, a voltmeter & manual (you can find them in the forum) you can do it yourself. A new reg will cost about $200 for the genuine part & about the same for a heavy duty item, which I recommend, you don't want it happening again for a while. Good luck.