General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Throttle Lag need help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Throttle Lag need help.

I have an '02 CBR f4i I've been riding for 3 months now, just the past couple weeks I've noticed in first gear at take off when I gun it it sputters, acts like it doesn't wanna go anywhere, then a few seconds later takes off. I've changed the plugs, the airfilter looks good and I'm to my wits end. I've taken it to two shops and they both said "motor runs fine" but they are idiots because I know it wasn't like that when I bought it. The F1 light has also been comming on I believe one error was the MAP sensor but all connections look good. A friend said to check the vacuum hoses and make sure they aren't bad, as well as check the fuel filter. I'll do this tonight. The engine revvs up fine without a load on it (Clutch held in) but just when its under 3k rpm its sputters. Hope I've given enough info , thanks for the help in advance guys.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Throttle Lag need help.

well if your FI light came on it popped a code and something is going on with it sounds like the shop you go to is full of idiots without knowing exactly what code it is I can't really help you there is a connector under the seat 2 pin that needs to be jumped then you have to count the flashes of the FI light fast flashes count as 1 a 2 second flash counts as a 10 so if you have one long flash and three fast you have a 13 code see if you can tell me exactly wha code it is keep in mind you could have multiple codes so you have to watch the pattern