General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with input

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with input

I have been rebuilding my 2005 CBR1000rr and I have changed out the sub wiring harness and changed the blown fuses, I just installed the new gauge cluster so the bike is able to turn over now but its still not starting, things I have checked are

-gas
-battery
-fuses
-wiring
-nuetral safety switch
-kickstand switch
-engine stop switch

is there any more things I can check, the bike turns over fine but it wont start, this bike was in a terrible accident that I have had to replace the front forks, front wheel, radiator, entire fearing kit, sub wiring harness, headlight unit, gauge cluster, ECM, and some other odds and ends so the bike has come a long way but still looking to finish it. if anyone has any suggestions on what to check please let me know via email would be best, thank you

aj_jensen73@hotmail.com

Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Anyone with input

(post was moved from how-to and comment is no longer relevent)
...IGNORE...

Old 11-11-2008, 07:12 AM

deleted

Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM

have you tried to start the bike in neutral w/the clutch lever in. i had a bike project like yours and went crazy w/trying to find
out why it would not start and this is all it was. good luck.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so im assuming that your fuel pump is priming just fine so that would rule out the BAS being hooked up wrong (bank angle sensor.. also known as a "tip over" sensor) its located on the nose fairing i believe right above the rear of the headlight.

do you know if your getting fuel ? maybe a pinched fuel line ?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM

+1 on what Havoc said.

the sensor is located on your headlight between your fairing stay and your headlight. If it is hooked up, make sure its not upside down.

heres a pic. I took the pic from the internet and added the location of the sensor.. I didnt put the yellow circles on, so ignore those.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:47 AM

when you say you've checked fuel, what do you mean? Have you just made sure there is fuel in the tank? Is there fuel in the filter? Do you know fuel is getting into the combustion chambers? Have you check for spark at the plugs? One of the old school ways to check it would be to remove a plug, attach it to the plug wire, set it down on the case somewhere that will be grounded and start cranking. If you've got spark, you will easily be able to see it. If that checks out, then I might spray some starter fluid directory down the air intake and give it a shot. If it sputters as if it wants to start or even starts for a second, you know you have a fuel issue.

Good Luck!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

we need more information man ! check back in lol

Old 11-13-2008, 06:24 PM

when I say the fuel is good its because I replaced the fuel line already and while I did that I check the pressure and operation of the fuel pump and it was all good, The spark is perfect, i just checked the BAS and it was upright and wired correctly but It is the headlight unit of a CBR600 instead of the CBR1000 which for that sensor I couldnt see then being any different but it sure could be.

This bike was wrecked hard and now has new
-front forks (new)
-steering stem & triple tree (new)
-full fearing kit (new)
-clutch and front brake brake master cylinders (new)
-radiator (new)
-Sub Wiring harness (new)
-ECM (new)
-front wheel (new)
-headlight unit (used off a 2005 CBR 600)
-gauge cluster (used off a 2005 CBR 600)

It has been a project and not a cheap one but oh well its giving me something to do, but this last thing is killing me with me not being able to figure out which sensor/switch it is that is not allowing it to start up. my thoughts are that its either the nuetral safety switch isnt working properly or that the bike wont start up due to the fact that the gauge cluster and Balance sensor are both from a different model of bike. any other thoughts on what else it could be?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:03 AM

I have a 98 F3 and it won't even crank if it's not in neutral or in gear, clutch in and side stand up.

Quick Reply: Anyone with input