General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Got a carb Sync Tool?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Got a carb Sync Tool?

ORIGINAL: Incognito

Click Here

WOW exactly what i was looking for incognito..thanks very much.Glad there are detailed pictures or i'd be lost.which i still am. But ill try my best to build it tomorrow haha....I just really wish i had the real deal..

Old 12-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW exactly what i was looking for incognito..thanks very much.Glad there are detailed pictures or i'd be lost.which i still am. But ill try my best to build it tomorrow haha....I just really wish i had the real deal..
Cool. Maybe if you got the time you could turn it into a How-To ~ Good luck.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:49 PM

Deffinitly will be tomorrow..give props to whoever that was that posted it on that forum..but my question is..when i start syncing the carbs..At what level do i sync them at?.or do i just make them even?thats what doesnt make sense to me?

Old 12-13-2008, 11:12 PM

I will be building this tomorrow but does anyone know a site where they sell a Carb sync. I heard theres one for sale for 40$ im looking for the cheapest one...

Old 12-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At what level do i sync them at?.or do i just make them even?thats what doesnt make sense to me?
From what I understand, all you're doing is equalizing the amount of vaccum being sucked in by the carbs, so you're just making them even. Did you do a search here yet? Just type in synchronizing ~ there were two pages worth (might help).

There's two carb sync tools I've seen ~ Carbtune II (UK) and SyncPro by Motion Pro

Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 AM

.At what level do i sync them at?.or do i just make them even?thats what doesnt make sense to me?
yeah, you make them all the same level. I would use the number one carb as the base to get the other 3 to match. Your going to have some variation in the levels as the engine is running. this is just the vaccum pulse starting and stopping. You basically just get them as close to the same as possible. If you do make one, make sure the length of the tubing is the same and the tubing is very straight. I noticed in the pic of the homemade unit the tubing is not straight and this will play into the carbs not being synced properly.

Im not sure if you are aware, so I will advise anyway. The carb sync toolis only for the air fuel mixture. Its not to sync the mechanical carbs together. The mechanical part needs to be syncronized correct in order to sync the carbs air fuel mixture. You will also need a special jet tool to reach the jet that is located on the bottom of the carb.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:24 AM

I would try to find a manual first. On my bike (even though this isnt the correct procedure) we level with #3.

Now with a correct sync'er, you dont level them. It would actually look like a bar graph with different heights on each tube.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:16 PM

Hey man sorry I haven't been keepign up with the post. I'll give my friend a holler see what he thinks, he should have no prob. e-mail me if anything should be in my profile

Old 12-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Ok real quick everyone..Those nipples on the carbs that you hook the sync tool up to what are they? 1/4?

Old 12-14-2008, 03:48 PM

Will a 1/8 fitting fit on the carbs

Quick Reply: Anyone Got a carb Sync Tool?