General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever work on a KX80 clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever work on a KX80 clutch?

Ok, so I bought a junked up KX80 not too long ago. I've got the engine all together after rebuilding the top end, and then having the bottom rod bearings lock it up again and having to replace those along with the rod. Now that everything is running right I am just baffled by the clutch.
Here's what it looks like
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...Group/Clutch_#

Here's the symptom, the clutch doesn't disengage. This is what is causing it. My Kawasaki shop manual says to torque the clutch spring bolts to 82 inch pounds of torque. But the problem is that in order to actually torque the bolts that tight, they are turned down so far that the springs are fully compressed, and therefor make it impossible to disengage the clutch. So obviously something is wrong here with how I am putting it together or something. But everything is just the same as that link above, which is an identical image to whats in my shop manual. There is the correct number of clutch plates and steels, I'm not missing any components represented in the exploded diagrams. The clutch springs are brand new, I replaced them when I first had this problem. Now I'm just pissed and can't figure out whats going on. Somebody throw me a bone!