General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After The Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After The Rain

Just by Living in south Florida even if you are carefuland check the forecastbefore a ride you are going to getit. So what do you guys recommend about cleaning all the wet crap, grime, salt,you get on the little spaces, like within the shock, rims sprockets, etc? BodyworkI don't mind much, that's a piece of cake compared to cleaning the other stuff plus it doesn't corrode. What i've been doing to avoid the hassle is just spraying the **** out of those parts with cheap walmart brake cleaner, but i'm worried that stuff is too powerfull a solvent and might damage something. What do you guys think?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: After The Rain

DO NOT use brake parts cleaner. That stuff is a little too abrasive for rubber, electrical, seals, etc.

Use Simple Green (UN-diluted). It's a very dark green liquid. Spray this on and let it sit for a while (5 minutes is usually the sweet spot). Then either go to a car-wash with a high-pressure water gun or get your own high-pressure washer (they're anywhere between 60-100 bucks). Blast off the grime that the Simple Green eats away. I use it all the time when degreasing my engines in my cars. And that's how I keep my bike so "show-room" floor clean.

Not to mention, Simple Green is biodegradable and isn't toxic when washing it off your bike. Finish with some Honda Polish and you'll be set.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: After The Rain

Well here in Melbourne Australia in certain seasons like now you can get 4 seasons in a day...wake up and its shinny sunny, then itll rain, then blow,then sunny, blow,rain,hail sunny etc,,...

So what i do when i get stuck in the rain, is as soon as i get home, I get the hose and spray all the road grime off, all the dirt etc, I spray everywhere and then I push it into the garage where i dry wipe her down, then once she is dry, I MR SHEEN her...everywhere... even the wheels, fairing, crooks and crannies...just not on grips or seats...And once youve done this afew times. the MR sheen leaves alayer of protectant on the bike! so next time the dirt n grime doesnt even stick as much and comes off even easier...Also helps bead off water(even rain) alot more....and on a side note...The bike smells beatiful