General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 CBR600F3 clutch installation troubleshoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 97 CBR600F3 clutch installation troubleshoot

Can someone post a link to the most detailed clutch plate installation video for the specific make and year of my bike... Im having trouble and I need something to get around on asap....... Also what way does the judder spring near the pressure plate need to face??? I've put new plates and discs in... Its shifting through the gears but when I put it into first it still rolls.. Helpppp😩😩😩

Old 06-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts

Read the service manual, chapter 9, If you can't find a copy DM me and I will see if I can help.

But the judder spring goes between the last plate and the (flat) spring seat pointing away from the plates (high side towards plates, low side away).

The following users liked this post:
StephenD (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by rockpool
Read the service manual, chapter 9, If you can't find a copy DM me and I will see if I can help.

But the judder spring goes between the last plate and the (flat) spring seat pointing away from the plates (high side towards plates, low side away).

thanks figured out the judder spring part w some help from google. Can't find any repair manuals online all the links are expired🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. The bike was going into gears but still moving like it was in neutral while in gear. Im going to try and redo everything see what happens... Maybe w the judder spring in correct position maybe move the pressure plate around a bit see what happens and will get backed to you.. Thanks for the reply brother💯😎😎😎

Old 06-25-2023, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 313 Likes on 257 Posts

Look in the sticky section of the f3 forum on this site. There's a .pdf version there.

Old 06-25-2023, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Look in the sticky section of the f3 forum on this site. There's a .pdf version there.
already did...and none there all the links are expired brother🤷‍♂️

Old 06-25-2023, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

hmm. You are correct. I don't know why that happened. There was a file, not a link in a sticky. Sorry about that.

The following users liked this post:
StephenD (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Found it. It's Here

Old 06-25-2023, 09:19 AM

ya I think that detail with the pressure plate and clutch center locking together is why its was spinning.. I'm going to take apart put together get some instant gasket will let you know how it goes😎😎😎

Old 06-25-2023, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Found it. It's Here
i think w that picture that rockpool shared it should be able to get it sorted...but i appreciate the link and will definitely use in the future l💯

Old 06-25-2023, 10:18 AM

should the clutch center be up against the clutch plates? Should spinning the clutch center and clutch plate spin the back tire?

Quick Reply: 97 CBR600F3 clutch installation troubleshoot