General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

600cbr/banshee project

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600cbr/banshee project

Well i just picked up a 1987 JFrame Yamaha banshee with a 19?? cbr 600 motor in it, the "project" doesnt run, and needs quite a bit of work, but what do you expect for 140 bucks, anyway, i've got quite a few questions about this 600 motor, and hoping you guys could help me out, It came with a complete wiring harness but looks like its missing a few cdi boxes, Is there any way i can tell from a serial number on the motor what year it is so i can order parts? Also does anyone happen to have a "simplified " wiring diagram (someone with a track bike maybe?) with the bare essentials to run, im not going to need lights, speed, tach, signals, horns, etc, basically all i need is starter and spark. , the exhaust was cut off right around the foot area, were in the world do I find that small of diameter of pipe to fab up the rest of my exhaust? I'm also curious as how to plumb the radiator in, i've got a stock banshee radiator, no radiator hoses or anything like that, has anyone dealt with custom cooling plumbing? do i buy hose and elbows? well thats about all the questions i have right now, i just got this a couple days ago and todays the first day i've messed with it, there will be many more to come
thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/...d/7/Honda.aspx has parts catalogues sorted by VIN#, so you can see what range your VIN falls in, and that'll tell you the bike it's from.

Then grab the service manual for that bike, and check in the back (chapter 19-ish, usually) for an easy-to-read wiring digram, and just write down the wires you'll be using.

For the radiator, You're looking at custom hosing for that.

For the exhaust, pick up a "shorty" slip-on that will work with whatever bike the engine is from.