F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2001 600 F4I onto a Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 600 F4I onto a Banshee

Well I started this project a month or so ago. I had a spare Banshee atv frame and found a wrecked bike for cheap. First thing I did was get the bike running again, it had been sitting for 6 years. I got it to start but not run, fuel pump was bad and tank was dirty.

I pulled the motor and all electronics. Sold all that was left over and bought a few part I needed off ebay. I got the motor all mounted by streching the frame 5". I laid all the electronics back out and intalled all of them and the radiator. Reused the fuel tank after cleaning and replacing the pump. Got it started right up. After some testing I bypassed the tilt sensor. I had most of it all done and went to mount the new battery bracket. I had been using a jet ski battery sitting on the swing arm. I got the bracket installed and a new original size battery and intalled it all back.

Now the problem, the posts were swapped on my new battery and I did not notice it when I installed it. I went to plug the voltage regulater back in and it blew the main 30a fuse. I replaced it and did some checking and blew a couple more before I found what I did. Now I have it all corrected and fuses replaced and it will not start and run. It will crank, fuel pump will run but it will not start. I did notice that I my display for the temp quit working after my brain fart.

I have tried another ECM with no change. I need some help and tips on what to try next. I'm wondering about the voltage reg but not sure what that would have to do with the temp display. Maybe they are 2 different issues to deal with.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Well I got it started this eve. Checked the codes on the ECM, found most of them where injector related, checked the connections and plugs on bike. Cleared the ecm and bam. Fired up! I will now try to finish putting it together and keep you posted.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Bro

Post some pics that sounds like a awesome and wild ride you made there