General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 cbr600rr clutch freeplay

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 cbr600rr clutch freeplay

Just to defend the tech - you have to understand that some tech adjust setting to what they feel is right and what is the best settings. A manual is just a guide line for the inexperience do-it-yourself type of guys - You got to remember that dealershiptechs work on the same make and brand day in and day out. And sure, the dealerships have manuals too, but, many use them for locating parts and spec information like how a component works. I just don't think that there is a need to throw a tech under bus. I want to make a statement that may offend some of you - But it is not intended. I just what to say sorry in advance if I do offend you. I have been a tech for 12 years now and have dealt withsome customer that thinks that they know more then me and that they can do it better than me. Well if this is the case why pay me the money just to do it wrong. To me this type of customer areones trying to fix there own problems, messes up, and take to the dealership to fix it and still thinks that they know what they are doing - Customer's are just stupid some times and they are most d.i.y guys that complaints like babies "the manual said this and that" If everyone only reads the manual warning and foot notes it states - it recommend that you take it to local dealership. The dealership and manufactures spend thousands of dollars toward training technician so they know the inn’s and out's of the product; and, they work on the same brand day in the day out - I said