General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 CBR's, parts bikes, rebuilders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 CBR's, parts bikes, rebuilders?

A guy here local has 2 2000 CBR 600f4's that he claims, can make a running with all the parts from the 2. there a little rough... but i have restores many things before, im no pro at it, but i think i can handle it.

how hard is it to take 2 bikes that have been picked at, and make a runner? there in rough shape, but like i said, not sure what the guts of these machines are.

also, (not sure if im allowed to post this) he wants 2000 for the pair... is that fair? i feel like im looking at 800$ worth at the MOST.

2000 Honda CBR 600F4 - St. Catharines Sport Bikes For Sale - Kijiji St. Catharines Canada.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM

after looking at the pic's I can tell you you will need forks. And they are not cheap. For 2000 why not just hunt a not over priced and running F4. If you look hard enough you could find one in the 2000 mark. Do nothing to it and have a running bike. Your probably gonna be into these bikes for around 3000 safely to have them running. I'm sure they are missing other parts as well.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM

is that 3000 number for getting both bikes up? or just one?

i was intitally thinking if i could get one running and part the other, but im really not sure. to tell you the truth i have about 1000 MAX to spend, thats why i was gonna try to get these for about that and see what i could do with them. i just need a bike to get to work and back all summer. and i do like the CBR's

but then again i guess your right, looks like im on the hunt for a runner!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 AM

well, the big question is, do they have titles? if both of those bikes have title. And the frames alone are in good shape, you could easily get 6-700 if not more per frame, not including motors. ( the one missing the seat/subframe is no probelm, that goes for like 50$ on ebay)

Motors, if they ran nicely are another 4-500 if not more also. All depends on your area and how bad some one needs it.

the tank on ebay would go for 50-200$ guage clusters if they work would go for a bit too. Rear wheel and rim, swing arms, mono shock, misc wiring etc.

If you had money to play with and time to waste, you could part them out for more then hat you would buy them for easily. But again thats time and money, parts wont sell immediatly so they will also take up space.

Otherwise, if you want a nice running bike, id have to say this isnt the way to go. The Wrench time isnt the real issue here, more like finding you need this bolt and that bolt, and this doesnt work and this is broke, It all adds up. Like jveach said, you will need Forks, front rim and tire, foot controls, fairings, Thats gonna cost you alone what youll pay for the 2 part bikes. Just search around for a nice bike, you can find them cheap here and there. jsut gotta look.

Last edited by Dirtrider009; 05-08-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Found the Bar controls XD